News: "Your pale heart holds the key."

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2022, 01:24:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: In Utter Darkness  (Read 7209 times)
KING OF SPACE
I AM THE KING OF SPACE
Global Moderator

GREETINGS ROLEPLAYERS

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2011, 11:21:07 PM »

Anyways, this is something really simple that I cooked up.

Basically, the Project RPers play a harmonized series of futuristic-technology level nation states that can blend any technology from FT, so long as I don't deem it too overpowered.

The plotline turns out something like this:
The Imperium of Man (now conveniently located in this galaxy instead of the 40k galaxy, played by either me or someone with Imperium experience), ends up finding one of my Spredronian Resource Collectors out there. We each send diplomats to meet the Imperium. Though relations go smashingly well if all are human, then the Imperium turns straight to what they are now going to say: either you annex yourself into the Imperium or every man, woman, and child dies. (If there's "xenos" the Imperium will declare open war upon seeing them and start firing immediately.)

Following this, the harmonized government begins arming itself up to deal with the coming threat as the Imperium surges towards the home planet, destroying everything they can find.

I'll be preparing the "preset" timeline of events before the RP goes freeform:
RP start - A Spredronian Resource Collector group is out scavenging asteroids for Resource Units when the Imperium exploratory fleet (still heavily armed, I believe) enters. Upon first contact, the Collectors contact the Government, and they send out diplomats.
Following this, there are two paths:
ALL-HUMAN - If everyone is a human, then diplomacy goes smashingly until the leader of the group threatens the Government with destruction unless they annex themselves into the Imperium. The Government says no: the Imperium destroys the Collector group and possibly the diplomat ships before getting a large fleet and heading straight towards the capital planet hell-bent on destroying everyone.
NOT ALL HUMAN - If there is even one group of aliens, the Imperium, being the xenophobic bastards they are, will more or less declare open war and immediately begin opening fire on the xeno ships. This escalates into a fight that the Imperium wins. Following this, war be declared.

After that, we skip to the Imperium's first contact.

The problem with reality is, terrible things happen to good people, and as friends all we can do is stand by them and hope they get better. Sometimes they don't. = Claptrap, eulogy for Micheal John Mamaril
KING OF SPACE
I AM THE KING OF SPACE
Global Moderator

GREETINGS ROLEPLAYERS

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 11:22:37 PM »

Anyways, the scroll bar glitch in the text box was getting to me, so this is a two-parter.
Rule 1: Follow the rules of Project RP.
Rule 2: You can pretty much have any futuristic technology unless I deem it too advanced, in which case it'll be barred.

Other than that, there's really no other rules and the RP could go any other way. The Imperium player can utilize a Government nation too.

Signups:
Sparty McFly - Spredronia (bringing my NS nation into this), The Imperium if nobody else volunteers

The problem with reality is, terrible things happen to good people, and as friends all we can do is stand by them and hope they get better. Sometimes they don't. = Claptrap, eulogy for Micheal John Mamaril
Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 11:57:41 PM »

Can we make it kinda like our old Nations RP, where we can be of any tech era, rather than all future? Then the Imperium could fly in and land on our planet and stuff happens.

KING OF SPACE
I AM THE KING OF SPACE
Global Moderator

GREETINGS ROLEPLAYERS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 01:52:17 AM »

Yeah. I'll still be FT... I guess I'd be a defender.

However, you'd be severely outmatched... these Marines have chainsaw swords, electrified swords, Gravity Hammers, laser weapons, and their primary weapons fire rocket-propelled explosive-tip bullets. Not to mention lots and lots of ships. However, if they landed, they'd probably claim it for the Imperium.

Eh, we might wing it, but I see a bright future.

Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 01:57:50 AM »

Ah.... could be just make a.... slightly less terrifying enemy faction?

KING OF SPACE
I AM THE KING OF SPACE
Global Moderator

GREETINGS ROLEPLAYERS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 03:02:20 AM »

Well... I figured the Imperium symbolified hopelessness, and besides, we'd be able to fight them off. My side has laser guns, and our power armor Marines carry gauss machineguns.

With me on your side, the fight is evened.

BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 12:50:46 PM »

If this is for our Nations RP, I want my old Nation back with all it's robots and demons and guns and stuff.

KING OF SPACE
I AM THE KING OF SPACE
Global Moderator

GREETINGS ROLEPLAYERS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2011, 06:59:31 PM »

Sure. However, the demons are going to make the Space Marines accuse all of us of being tainted with Chaos. Which is going to make things pretty bad at that point.

BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 08:53:44 PM »

Wow, awkward... I thought this was the nations rp thing... >.> *walks off*

Spec-OppSpartan
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 09:06:45 PM »

Well do you just want our old nation RP thing back?   

I have a better way of simulating things now and such. 
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 09:10:33 PM »

Sure, sure, but we should discuss nations in a different thread. I just wasen't paying attention due to sleep deprivation. Tongue

Spec-OppSpartan
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 11:43:37 PM »

yeah yeah but I was just seeing if it was worth the effort to do it. 
Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2011, 01:08:53 AM »

Nation RP would be nice.

KING OF SPACE
I AM THE KING OF SPACE
Global Moderator

GREETINGS ROLEPLAYERS

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2011, 01:50:57 AM »

Alright then, In Utter Darkness is probably gonna get scrapped.

Either way... sooner or later I'll get a good idea.

Spec-OppSpartan
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2011, 01:59:35 AM »

But you can still use your nation in the nation RP eh?

Plus well I may use a toned down a bit version for a NPC nation
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: