News: "Eyes up, Guardian!"

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2022, 06:42:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: For Ellmi  (Read 100 times)
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 01, 2022, 09:43:49 PM »

Ellmi,

I think about our first meeting a lot. You were only a child in that wasteland, alone and scrounging for survival. Yet you saved my life as adeptly as any well-meaning individual. To call you my hero is an understatement. The day you formally became my daughter was one of the happiest of my life... which makes what I'm about to tell you all the more painful.

I'm abdicating the throne to you and leaving off for parts unknown. Is it an easy decision? Not in the slightest, and I wish I could say that there were darker forces at play forcing my hand, or that there's a secret mission that only I can complete.

But the truth is... I'm tired, kiddo.

I've been running Soll'Rah for the past nine years -- about your age when I inherited the throne; I wasn't prepared at first -- it took an entire civil war and a whole mythical prophecy that culminated in your adoption to straighten myself out. After dad disappeared, the country was left in a state of disrepair, and it took the next six years to not only get Soll'Rah back in proper working order, but make it even better than it was. Even in spite of an invasion and two assassination attempts do we continue to stride comfortably.

As cliche as it sounds, I didn't do it for me. I did it for every single person who chooses to call this place home: every angel, demon, human, seraphall, to scratch the surface.

And you know this; I've done my best to be nothing less than transparent with you. It was never a question of who was going to take the reigns from me... but a matter of when you would. I've taught you everything I know about being a leader. Every monarch to sit on the Soll'Rahn throne did so as a privilege and a birthright; it didn't matter if they were experienced or not -- I'm not exception to this. But I wanted to make sure you broke the mold -- at least, when it came to experience.

Hence why you spent a lot of time with the genuine articles -- and as such, enter Elyse. Sure, she's the last representative of a failed nation and it's partially my fault -- but there's a difference between she and I. Can you guess?

What I gained from privilege, she did so through discipline, and that's always been a difference between us. You'll see it in everything she does: how she swings that gaudy blade of hers as fluidly as wind blows, that subtle furrow in her brow before she makes a decision, the ginger touches when inspecting her garden, and the measured lockstep of her pacing whenever she reads. I'm good, but she's always been better. So when I say you've learned from the best, she's about 90% of that.

I'd say I'm being unfair to myself, but again -- civil wars and mythical prophecies.

You are many things, Ellmi. You're kind, you're brave, skilled with a blade, and level-headed in the worst situations. You're also honest, which is something that not a lot of us are. Even Michael. ESPECIALLY Soledad. But most of all, you're ready; There's no else I'd have chosen for this role, and I'll sleep easy knowing that you're in charge now.

Continue to be honest -- be fair when you interact with other leaders, but do not budge for the aggressors.

Keep in mind that no matter how small a wrong action may seem, wrong is always wrong, and it can easily cause events to spiral beyond our control.

And trust Aria.

With love,

Your father,

Landon

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: