News: Welcome to Project RP! A collaborative writing project based here on this very forum.

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 30, 2022, 10:55:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Soll'Rahn Sojourn  (Read 2976 times)
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« on: June 26, 2019, 03:17:18 AM »

The sleek, black silhouette of an SSF LP-D gunship cut through the air above the shores of eastern Demeter. The heavy heat of early August beat down on the coast as the infant aircraft banked and rose over an outcropping of rocks with ease. Not all of the spec-ops gunships would be matte black like this one in particular; The panelling on this particular gunship was comprised of classified material made especially for avoiding enemy sensors. Being the first of its line, it served as the new mode of transportation for the Lord and Master of Soll'Rah, as well as specific VIPs. Today in particular, it contained the Empress of Tyrene, Soledad Mephistopheles.

Minerva Rook, captain of the Vanguard company Aspis, stood between the seats of the gunship's pilots, looming over the control consoles while they quietly oriented the craft over farmland. Even without her beaten, sage-coloured armour, she was a tall woman, and there was no struggle to observe through the cockpit window. Satisfied with her compatriots' skill, she turned to observe the guest of honour: Soledad. The pink-haired woman sat comfortably in the crew seats situated in the middle of the cargo bay. Minerva eyed the empress' attire; a stylish black kimono decorated in red roses with a matching umbrella, an arrow-shaped tail flicking like a cat's.

Stunningly casual for an official visit.

Wait, was it official?

She hadn't heard about it in any mainstream news outlets. The ship they were using was a prototype stealth gunship.

Weird.

Anyway, Minerva marched quietly to Soledad's side, clasping her hands behind her back and matching the empress's gaze at the port-side viewport. She glanced around quickly, making note of the other four members of her company in the hold, as well as a pair of elaborately-attired honour guards of the Tyrenien monarch's own. After another moment of awkward quiet, Minerva broke the silence.

"Are you enjoying the ride, Empress?" she asked, politely cocking her head toward Soledad. She didn't look away from the window.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 04:43:10 AM by BEB0P » Logged

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2019, 01:04:59 AM »

Soledad stared at out the window of the aircraft.    A lot was on her mind.    While this was suppose to be a low key formal visit, it was quite dangerous.  If word spread to her people, they would be in the streets and demand that she be floggeed through the streets of Konigsberg to be crucified

"Ah, yes I am.   It has been awhile since I have flown this far.   I was a child the last time I visited the principality of Schenkung (OOC Part of Tyrene bordering Soll'Rah), though this will be the furthest I have flown, and been away from home" admitted Soledad. 

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2019, 11:35:37 PM »

"Ah," Minerva recalled. "A lovely area, from what I've seen." Until a few months ago, the only trading to be done between Tryene and Soll'Rah was through the ports of Sancerre and Schenkung; Albeit, a lot of this trading was rather clandestine and otherwise unofficial. Minerva remembered most the spire that stood out amongst the rest of the region. It was visible from almost everywhere along the shore of Soll'Rah's part of the Sansretour strait.

The gunship banked again as it started its trek across the Eden sea. For the next hour, the craft would fly over open water until it reached the mainland. Sun glinted off of the water's surface, and several small ships dotted the coast. The gunship flew relatively low to the water; Not enough to become disrupted by the waves, but just enough to catch a bit of spray to the underside of its fuselage every now and again. The ship itself remained ever so quiet as the rudders on its folded-back wings adjusted so that the craft would level itself.

After another bout of silence, Minerva inquired again. This time she turned her head to look at Soledad herself. To her admittance, if Minerva had any interest in romantic partners, Soledad could be considered a real prize of a partner. She wondered about the empress's motivations in such a sudden want to visit Soll'Rah so soon after lord Edwin's excursion to Tyrene. From what she'd been told, rumour has it he was positively beaming upon his return; As if new life had been breathed into him.

"Have you heard much of our country, milady? Is there anything you are most interested in?"

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 05:53:28 PM »

"I've heard some about your country yes, especially from your Lord Commander during his visit,  but I received schooling about the basics " said Soledad.   A smile coming to her lips at the mention of Lord Edwin.   There was a subject she was interested in, but it would not be proper to inquire about the Lord Commander so soon, if at all.   While she had gotten to know the Lord Commander very well during his visit to Tyrene, there was still things she didn't know and what better to learn about him from than the people close to him.     "Though as some of my more elder advisors say, I am young and still have much to learn and experience, so there is much about your country I have to learn or experience.  Give me a moment" she requested.

Her Imperial Majesty looked lost in thought as she plotted the best way to get information about Landon, rather than the  important question of the country she was supposed to be thinking of.     "Tell me about some of your past Lord Commanders" she started.    Yes, this would be a suitable springboard to learn more about him she figured.   

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 01:04:36 AM »

Minerva clicked her tongue. It wasn't a question many visitors thought to ask, though in all honesty, Soll'Rah did not receive a lot of visits from foreign officials. The captain lingered on that last thought; When was the last time any particularly important figure had come to visit Soll'Rah? Excluding the attack on the nation just a few months ago, Minerva would've guessed maybe the prime minister of Spredonia. Roaming away from that query, she refocused on Soledad's question.

"Well, you've got the late lord Garren Edwin; Lord Landon's father." she began. "He went missing about two years ago, making Landon the monarch by technicality. Before that was... Torik, lord Landon's grandfather; Elizabeth Edwin- I believe your nation had experience with her. It was her inaugural trial as a leader, many say. She was the first Edwin, actually." Minerva paused for a second or two before continuing again. "There's Florance Aono, our great negotiator. She steered us away from our constant conflict, teaching our people the art of negotiation. Though she was not incapable of war... she simply gave her battles a just rationale."

The gunship continued its journey over the Eden sea. Occasionally, the feeling of the craft adjusting elevation above the water bore notice. It wasn't a jarring feeling, but rather something akin to an elevator coming to rest at a destined floor. Members of Aspis company continued to chat idly; One of which mustered the social skills to converse fluently with one of Soledad's honour guard. It was a pleasant conversation, given the lack of tenseness in the bay. The pilot and copilot quietly spoke to one another, communicating back and forth with local air traffic controls, and nearby patrols. The latter of which was something much more recent of a mainstay, what with the current conflict. As much as Landon, or fellow officials liked to take their damage from Hymnal and Russria in stride, small cracks in their composure could be seen by the keen. In truth, Soll'Rah as an entity became shaken; Their hubris of safety and security toppled and replaced with paranoia.

Minerva broke the silence, noticing the lull. "I apologize, milady. High school was... a very long time ago. History hasn't been my strong suit, I will be the first to admit." she sounded sincere, wishing badly to be able to provide the best of first impressions to Soledad, a valued enough ally to warrant an entrance of the prototypical and stealthy variety. "If it's any consolation, there are monuments to each of our leaders at the villa; Among the first things you'll see."

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: