News: "Eyes up, Guardian!"

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 30, 2022, 11:56:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aura City layout.  (Read 2583 times)
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2013, 07:25:32 AM »

Alright, for reference when RPing in Aura City, refer to places like New Mombasa and New Alexandria from Halo; Moreso NM. Aura City is densely populated, which means you're likely surrounded by tall buildings wherever you are. To the East is Bad Wolf Bay. Surrounded by forested mountain ranges on the other three. Very clean city, although I imagine an invasion's going to fuck that right up. Any other questions or concerns, talk to me about it.

Sections One and Two:

Harbour-cities, primarily. Canals reminiscent to Venice, Italy share transportation routes with the roads. Still retains a very futuristic look, but with some style.

Section Three:

Favela-style placement with buildings. Transportation hub for Sections One to Five.

Sections Four and Five:

Section Four is generic skyscrapers and what-not, and also sports the canals from Sections One and Two, but to a lesser extent, Five as well.

Sections Six and Seven:

Known for their tighter streets and entertainment areas(Stadiums, Arenas, etc.). Skycrapers of varied height like the rest of the Sections. Section Six sports canals from Sections One and Two, but to a lesser extent.

Section Eight:

Known for tight streets. Serves as a transportation hub for said vehicles for Sections Six to Eleven.

Section Nine:

Shares Favela-style placement of buildings with Three. Known for dense forest of business skyscrapers and building of varied height.

Section Ten:

Less dense than Sections One to Nine. Quieter Section. Most recreation is done here. Plenty of small businesses.

Section Eleven:

Serves as the city's capital. Original Aura City. Landon's home and the Parliament Buildings are located here. Ninety percent of federal, judicial, and legislative is done here. Fairly quiet. Least amount of taller buildings in the city.

* IMG0039.jpg (21.54 KB, 640x480 - viewed 485 times.)

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 01:21:26 AM »

Just so I don't fuck this up:

Red=RUSSR controlled turf?
Blue=Soll'Rah

The hubs are they like a dock or say a train (subway and streetcars basically the same)  or bus station? (possibly airport or something but doubtful).   

Define tight street, like a one way street?  (ie you are only going to get through that street one vehicle at a time. 

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 05:01:18 AM »

Red is iconic with Russia and the colour of a vampire's favourite beverage. Blue is... Blue. Opposite of Red. Red is offense, blue is defense in this case.

The two hubs store all municipal transportation. Buses, monorails, subways, taxis. The airport, sorry for forgetting that little tidbit. That's in Section Six. Side note, Soll'Rah retains a sort of "old town" look. The buildings are made out of and appear more traditional to the original dwelling style, which... think Bowerstone in Fable II, but imbue it with future technology about... ninety-six percent.

Tighter streets means there's more. It means that it's more of a grid-layout as opposed to a layout that would offer areas designated specifically for parks and foliage. Another note, canals share the role of streets with the actual roads. The streets are for you to decide. I'm not going to babysit you and tell you the design of every street. Aura city is ten to eleven times the size of Sydney, Australia. That means there's probably just above ten thousand or so streets overall. Use your imagination based upon the references I listed above. If you want a firefight on an overpass, then do it. Highway chase? Fine. And so on, and so forth.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: