News: "Awfully bold for someone who hasn't posted in three years, aren't you?"

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2022, 05:29:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Intermission thread  (Read 10007 times)
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« on: April 29, 2013, 11:52:50 PM »

After we finish Halo 1, I think that, before we jump into anything else, we do another thread that has been in demand by the only three other people who come here. Spartan-III's.

I'm ripping a page out of my old playbook. Or well, not so much a playbook as... An archive, I guess. I don't know. Anyway. A small Spartan-III team is tasked with and ONI operation to hijack and commandeer a Covenant Corvette that's been patrolling the system that Installation 04 resides in.

The team is stored in an extremely damaged Spirit Dropship, and is salvaged by the Corvette. From the inside, we infiltrate the ship and fight our way to the bridge, being as stealthy as super-humanly possible. After everything is said and done we drop off the Corvette and ONI gives us a ride.

Mission success.

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 12:33:22 AM »

Capturing a fully operational Covenant vessel brings a feeling of uneasiness about me because of Operation: Red Flag (Capture Covie ship, get nav data to Covie homeworld, send in the Spartans to capture a prophet, bail with prophet, negotiate surrender/peace/ceasefire from Prophet, profit)

I doubt ONI would object to III's enacting it.  Though having Cortana out of the picture might just allow this to work.  Besides BB (who hasn't been created yet) I don't know of any AI besides Cortana or himself that would have the Forerunner know how to decrypt the navigation system.

So we can keep it fully operational, but I think having the long-range navigation data get damaged or conveniently be down for routine system repairs/update (because the Covenant still use Windows)

I only bring this up because we are trying to be as canon friendly as possible, if we weren't then I'd be super gung-ho instead if just regular gung-ho
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:35:13 AM by 343 Guilty Specs » Logged

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 01:46:15 AM »

So we abolish the idea because the S-II's did a similar operation? The idea is that it's really for the Infinity. the team goes in under the pretense of picking up where the S-II's didn't even leave off because of the Fall of Reach, and ONI throws in III's because they do suicide things.

Either the nav data is corrupted or there's no trace of a Covenant homeworld(Because there isn't.). ONI don't care. they needed it for the Infinity.

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 02:35:13 AM »

Yes that would be fine, as long as there isn't any valuable data then it shouldn't conflict with Red Hand at all.    This is just a precaution because I don't know how canon breaking finding a fully operational slipspace capable vessel would be.

But yes I got your intention was to use it for Infinity.
I don't know if Infinity would come before Red Hand because Infinity was the last resort because it was originally intended to assrape the Covenant should Earth fall.    And we already have Onyx discovered to kit Infinity.  But it doesn't matter because we fixed the discrepancy.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 02:52:00 AM by 343 Guilty Specs » Logged

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: