News: Wouldn't it be clever of you... if after everything, you simply let me die?"

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2022, 01:30:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The Crown of Tyrenus Ulm  (Read 20859 times)
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2013, 07:56:09 AM »

While not a familiar sighting, it was by far a rather interesting one. Midst the corpses stood a voluptuous woman facing away from the Soledad and the Carpentarians wearing elegant black leather heeled boots and a crimson damask tail coat. It would be assumed that none knew of the woman that stood before them; After all, she had been out of every form of contact for the past five months. But to those who did know of the woman's identity, she was known as Ruin, the Mount of the legendary Horseman War.

Signs of an ended firefight were evident, being that the corpses around the woman were rather fresh, and the woman herself was bending over to pick up a top-hat bearing the same colour as her coat. That would be exactly when the doors had finally rested in their open position; They made a loud, muffled thud which caused the woman's head to perk and look behind herself, while still being bent over.

"Oh?" She cooed, glancing at the men and women behind her. "Oh, well isn't this a treat!" She said in an aroused tone. After noticing the crowd amassed behind her, she took her time returning to a standing position. "Let me guess. Commonwealth soldiers?" She turned around to face the crowd, a seductive grin on her face. "So many men... And a pair of goddesses, too! If only you could see what I was thinking... Ruin is my name. But I'd much rather know your names." She greeted, bending the arm carrying her hat across her waist and bowing slightly(While at the same time giving whomever may be interested quite a revealing preview of her bosom.).

Again Ruin returned to a default standing position; This time skillfully planting her top hat over the ebony brown hair that draped, parted, and curled over her head. She took a few steps forward, causing the Eleanor and the Regulars to back up and reconstruct their formation at a more secure distance.

"Oh, boys... I'm just one girl." She said innocently. "No need to be shy."

"Ma'am, I must ask you to stay your feet and remain silent until spoken to." Eleanor ordered, aiming her pistol at Ruin and hovering her free hand over the handle of her officer's sabre.

Ruin tutted. "Please, honey. I wouldn't harm such a treat like you. Although I wouldn't mind sharing your bed tonight..."

Eleanor scoffed in disbelief and tightened the grip on her pistol, a look of disgust strewn across the First Lieutenant's face. "Ma'am, please stop speaking!"

"Aww..." She sighed and made a saddened puppy-like expression, but was quick to return to a seductive grin upon meeting the eyes of Soledad and Arthur, alternating between them with her gazes she asked, "And who might you two be? Tell me you're more open to fun than her?"

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 05:48:07 AM »

Soledad watched this woman with curiosity.   For one thing she didn't know if the red uniforms of the Carpentarians or this ones attire was more ridiculous.   Despite the odd getup there was no mistaking this woman was attractive, what with the feminine curves that were similar in scale to her own. 

Once the girl was done with teasing Elanor, Soledad stepped forward to address the rather weird but pretty woman.    The Empress cleared her throat before she began: "My name is Empress Soledad Mephistopheles of Tyrene and heir to the throne of the state of Urakard.  I think you will find while I may be a noble I am quite open to fun when I am not required to be serious, and if you happen to need a place to sleep tonight my bed might just happen to be free Miss Ruin, unlike our friend here I am not afraid of a beautiful woman or a little fun".    Soledad winked at Ruin, however she blushes at her last statement, she didn't intend to lose her formality but what was the harm in having a little fun and hospitality.

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 06:29:37 AM »

"Ahh!" Ruin made a pleasurable sigh and bit her bottom lip, examining Soledad's figure from head to toe. "Now you're something I wouldn't mind exploring for a night." A hand on her hip, she cocked them to a side and ran her free hand slowly down her chest, still fantasizing about a possible intimate embrace with the Urakard.

Eleanor turned and looked at Arthur, shrugging in annoyance and gesturing her head at the two uncivilized women that stood before her. Amusingly enough, this was something the officer in training was not prepared for.

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 06:57:59 AM »

Arthur rolled his eyes once meeting Eleanor's. He growled with surprised anger, "Ladies, please!" He was particularly disappointed with Soledad's conduct; she was supposed to be royalty! How highly inappropriate for her to act such a way. As for the other one, he had never met her, but she was apparently familiar with the land he comes from. He looked at her, this 'Ruin';

"Major Arthur Bennett of the King's Royal Infantry," he introduced with an annoyed tone, "And you are the second person to annoyingly wander in on our mission." He stepped aside to reveal the exit, "Unfortunately I only have the patience to deal with one of you. So, on your way Miss Ruin."
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 07:15:27 AM »

A sudden frown and partial glare erupted along Ruin's face now. She tutted once again and shook her head at Arthur. "The utmost pleasure to meet you, Major Bennett," She said to him, mocking the Carpentarian accent(Rather well, at that.). "I'm afraid these bastards tried to go back on their deal. I'd like a sort of recompense."

Eleanor clinched the bridge of her nose between her fingers and muttered. "Oh for the love of King Charles..."

Ruin glanced at Eleanor, then returned her sight to Arthur. "And by recompense I mean I want to blow that asshole's brains out of his skull." She raised her right arm as it began to glow and reform into a pair of barrels of a modern sawed-off shotgun, all the while maintaining an unamused expression as she watched the Regulars holler and steady their weapons.

"What creature are you?" Eleanor asked, her voice just grazing a panicked shout.

"A human?" The seductress retorted, waving her weaponized arm about. this once again caused the Carpentarian Regulars to take firing positions around Ruin.

"Ma'am, please cease with your speaking, and be still!" Eleanor demanded. She then looked at Arthur, but was still keeping her pistol aimed at the newest addition to the group. "Sir, what would you suggest?"

« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 07:21:40 AM by SamuraiBebop105 » Logged

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 07:28:51 AM »

A cheeky smile suddenly ran across Arthur's face, "Well then. If you're so determined to claim your revenge, then, why don't you take point?"
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 06:39:51 PM »

"The boys just love to look at me." Ruin smirked back, then gingerly turned around. "Where to, sugar?"

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2013, 08:36:48 PM »

Arthur gestured for his men to lower their weapons.

"Our little Empress here is our guide. So maybe you two should take the front. It'll give you a chance to get to know each other better..." He glanced over at Eleanor and shook his head.
Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 06:43:11 AM »

~In memory of my Grilled Cheese Sandwich~

Soledad smirked at the humans disapproval of her actions, but then again most humans met this particular aspect of her people's culture and tradition with disdain. Only since reunification one hundred ten years ago had these actions been out of choice/habit not out of necessity.    Her people began as desert nomads and maurauders where the scarcity of resources led to infighting and people had to reproduce when they could to keep the population alive.   Generations of young men were often purged and cleansed by war or sent in solitude to train where not even their wife and children could visit them during their training, only on holidays or when their tour was over was there time for that.  It was not uncommon for an Urakard to have a concubine, especially the males during their service abroad or across Tyrene.   It ment they could spread their seed so that the warlike nature of the Urakard didn't wipe their species out.    

Soledad led the group on through the dank halls of the temple.   Besides random runic scribbling that told the tale of Tyrenus Ulm, not that anyone else could read the ancient script besides herself.  
"These runes on the wall are simply telling the legend of our first Emperor.   He was said to be a man, an Urakard, a Novali, a Lazuli, and an Atano created by the Divines to unite their people against the Zenosect overlords.   Proving he was special because that is near impossible because usually the father's species genes overpowers the mother's unless it is a human which it is impossible to create a crossbreed with, their genes are just added to the pool.
Tyrenus managed to unite his people and form the first Reich that overthrow the Zenosect and rendered them extinct. 
However the first Reich wouldn't last long as a group of humans to the north began an uprising and they managed to kill Tyrenus, steal his crown and sword, and splinter the Empire.   From my understanding your people were sold the crown at some point, and thus here we are".   

The expedition made there way into another chamber.   Another sealed runic door dominated the far side of the chamber that seemed to have been made entirely of iron or iron ore but most of it had oxidized.   The entrance sealed behind them as soon as the last Regular bumbled his way in.  Soledad calmly led the group to the onyx door adorned with a giant white skull and studied it for a moment.

"Major, I'm going to need one of your men's assistance in opening this door.  Preferably not you or your other officer" said Soledad turning to face the Carpentarians and Ruin. 

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2013, 06:52:00 AM »

Arthur studied the threatening 'skull' painted onto the massive door for a moment, before responding to Soledad's request. He continued to look at it as he responded;

"Can you assure his safety?"
Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2013, 04:03:00 AM »

"I can not assure you that anyone will make it through here completely unscathed, not even myself but I can assure you that he will not die and I will do my best to prevent needless casualties" said Soledad. 

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2013, 04:31:23 AM »

Arthur mulled over Soledad's words. He eventually nodded, "Very well. I trust you. McDermott; you're up."

Out from the group of 12 emerged a single soldier. A young confident lad fresh out of college much like Eleanor. He arrived in front of Arthur, who saluted back and gestured for him to follow Soledad.

"First sign of trouble; you stop whatever it is she has you doing. Understood?"

McDermott nodded, but excitedly hurried after Soledad. He was determined to prove himself and excited to experience something foreign and strange.
Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2013, 12:17:45 AM »

Soledad felt a twang off regret about what she was going to have to do this poor eager lad, but if he was so eager to prove himself in combat then his fate perhaps wouldn't be so bad after all.

"Right this way" said Soledad leading the Regular closer to the door onto a metal plate on the floor. "Stand right here and please don't move".  

Soledad bit her thumb to draw part of the blood she would need for the ritual and to activate her awakened form.   Once it had come out she placed her thumb onto the young Regular's forehead and drew one of the runes on the door, the rune that symbolized the "God" and creator of the Urakards.    She added some blood runes to his arms, rolling up his sleeves if she had to.    "Sorry about this, but this is the last place I need to mark you" murmured Soledad as she ripped a hole in the chest of his uniform right where the his belly button was.   Carefully she painted a circular design around his belly button.

"Now just close your eyes, you might feel a slight tingling sensation or numbness don't worry it is perfectly natural.   You've been a good sport, it will be over soon and you'll be rewarded for your patience." whispered Soledad into the Regular's ear.   

Soledad took a deep breath and the blood on her forehead began to glow a bright red.    A pair of large black bat shaped wings emerged from her back and her already long and sharp fingernails turned to claws.   The Empresses eyes glowed an arcane light blue.   She flapped her recently revealed wings, getting use to having them out rather than sealed inside.  

Soledad banged on the skull door before she began to speak in the tongue of the ancient Urakard.    It was a rather foul and grotesque unnatural sounding language, especially when coming from a person like Soledad.    How a human mouth could make the sounds coming from the Empress was a mystery.   

"[Kael'thas I summon from you from the depths of the void]" 

The marked Regular's blood markings began to glow a dull black.   The man began to gag and a look of panic shot across his face as he realized he was unable to move.   The eyes of the regular soon began to glow similarly to Soledad however his were a soulless black.    The gagging continued until a pair of writhing fleshy tentacles emerged from the throat of the Regular.  
"[Your tribute pleases me my child, what is it that you desire?]" spoke the possed Regular in the same foul tongue.   

Soledad turned and made her way over to the Regular, standing at conversational distence.
"[I need you to open that door to the otherside and not the shortcut through the void]".

"[Very well my child, it shall be done]".     

Soledad nodded and impaled the Regular through the chest with her sword.    The man rapidly decayed as he  was claimed by the void and once he there was not even an ash left the door lifted.      

Soledad reverted from her awakened form and put away her sword as if nothing had happened at all.   
"Come along" she called.

BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2013, 01:03:53 AM »

Ruin watched idly(Almost bored, even.) as Eleanor raised her pistol once more, ordering the Regulars behind her to take up their own arms.

"What the bloody hell was that?!" The First Lieutenant roared. "You said nothing about the death of one of the Major's men! On your knees, murderer!"

"Oh, honey." Ruin called to Eleanor, stepping in front of the line of fire just as casually as she would if she were strutting about naked. "Your loss is worth it- The door is open." She gestured at the now open door.

"Silence, whore!" Eleanor took a step further. "I will not have you of all people test my judgment."

"It was a reasonable loss, sweetie." Ruin gingerly cocked her hips to one side. "Even a whore like me knows that the riches beyond this door will outweigh your soldier's death."

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2013, 04:06:32 PM »

Once the horrifying events had unfolded before him, Arthur responded immediately by drawing his sword and approaching Soledad. He ignored Ruin, nudging past her, and then stood between Soledad and the now open doorway.

"You betrayed my trust and now a young man is dead! You lied to me, Empress!" The rage was ever present in his voice. Arthur pointed his sword at her and prepared to give the order to fire. She could not be trusted, and now that her job was done, there was no longer any need for her.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: