News: New here? Actually a person? Groovy. Refer to the Rules and Guidelines thread for more information. Enjoy your visit!

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2022, 02:52:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Flawless Cowboys  (Read 20763 times)
Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2013, 09:12:08 PM »

The pilot hurried off to take up another position and mop up the remaining infantry. Even amidst the exchange of plasma fire, he still kept throwing nervous glances in the direction of the Wraith.

"I really hope they have a plan for that..."

BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2013, 02:15:08 AM »

While the rest of his team distracted the remainder of the Covenant infantry, Deamon sidled around a rock, making certain that he remained unseen by the Wraith tank. He swore to himself, steeling his nerves to pull off a maneuver he had only seen Spartans complete successfully. Then again, Deamon was an ODST. And anything a Spartan could do, a member of the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers could replicate.

A new-found inspiration, Deamon counted to three and rolled over his cover and broke into a B-Line for the Covenant tank. At the last second, seemingly, the Wraith's gunner noticed the him and turned his plasma cannon on human trooper. Deamon cursed out loud this time, and performed a tactical roll behind another large rock. Thankfully he was close enough that the Wraith wouldn't use its primary cannon against him.

Then there was a burst of automatic gunfire. Deamon guessed that it was from an MA5B assault rifle, and the angry, unintelligible retort from an Elite confirmed it. He peeked out from behind his cover, just as the Elite manning the Wraith's turret turned in the other direction.

This was his opening.

Deamon drew his combat knife and sprinted at the Wraith, hopping onto its frontal wing and climbing up to meet the turret operator. The Elite turned its head and roared at Deamon, but was quickly silenced when the shock trooper literally shoved his knife down its throat and aggressively withdrew the blade. Dead within seconds. The Wraith's primary operator must have noticed, and in response to the death of its gunner the tank began to sharply jerk to the left and right, in hopes of shaking Deamon off.

He acted quickly, sheathing his knife and desperately holding on to the Wraith as he climbed his way to the rear of the vehicle. "For fuck's sake please stop moving!" He groaned as his stomach began to feel queasy. Producing the plasma grenade he had scavenged from earlier, Deamon activated the explosive and quickly stuck it to the exhaust port of the Wraith. Then, as the grenade ignited and Deamon leaped from the Covenant tank, the said vehicle ignited in a brilliant mess of blue and white flame.

"Artillery neutralized." He coughed, rolling over onto his back and sitting up, breathless. "Evac you are clear for landing."

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2013, 03:43:50 PM »

"That was impressive," Verve panted, out of breath from the battle, "Really, really impressive..." She stood up fully from behind her cover and walked out from behind it. She realised she was being to kind on the matter.

"That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen!" She called out to Daemon, "No, really, that was fucking stupid!"

As she arrived by the tank, air had begun gushing down on top of them. There was a whirling sound, like a tornado but not natural. A solid grey titanium object emerged from over the tree tops.

A staticky and obviously sarcastic reply came over the radio, "Nah, don't worry about me guys, 'had no trouble ditching those Spirits at all."

The Pelican's landing gear lowered and put down by the wreck of the Wraith.

"Attention passengers; Flight SNAFU is now boarding. If you're one of our gold airline members, you may now select your seats in first class. If you're one of our shit shovelling UNSC grunts, you may now also board through the trash compactor. My name's Frederick Holmes and I'll be your captain today."
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2013, 11:54:00 PM »

Deamon shrugged. "I aim to please." He would brag; If only there were friends to brag to. "Artyom would've been proud, I know that much." He said to himself, shaking his head as if someone had made a bad pun. He hopped onto the Pelican dropship's ramp and helped Jesse lift the injured Longsword pilot on board. He turned around, somewhat surprised at the sight of and ODST and a marine with a rocket launcher set on her lap. "Picked up a few strays, huh?"

The Marine made no acknowledgement, but the other one...

"Dom? Where'd you run off to? Where's Donald?"
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:23:12 AM by SamuraiBebop105 » Logged

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 08, 2013, 01:33:40 AM »

"I'm afraid the old man got on another flight, a one way flight to hell with the Covenant.   That or knowing his luck he is somewhere where the Autumn went drinking rum with some the ladies.  Let's just saying getting a ride off wasn't easy but we made it.   But hey I managed to pick up this chick right here, not a bad  trade I guess" said Dom pointing to the Marine.  
He smirked and wrapped his arm around the marine, only to be shoved off and scoffed at.   The marine rolled her eyes at him and he could of swore he heard her mutter "in your dreams buddy".    

Dom started to laugh, sometimes during hard times you had to just laugh it off and keep looking at the bright side, Donald taught him that.  Besides he wouldn't want him to be sad, he probably would of made some smart ass comment asking when did a girl scout transfer into his unit.  
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 01:38:20 AM by 343 Guilty Specs » Logged

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 08, 2013, 03:29:46 AM »

Daemon smirked and sauntered into the cockpit. He noticed a familiar face; The pilot from the Autumn! The one he had given his weaponry to. "Glad to see you made it off, too. Where's home?"

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 08, 2013, 10:19:29 AM »

The pilot looked over his shoulder, immediately remembering the ODST. "Oh hey, you made it! November, right?"

Before answering Daemon's question, he closed the troop bay hatch and pushed off. Coming to a hover just above tree level, he pitched the thrusters to adjust his heading.

"Where's home? Well, where to begin..."

With the birds' engines now fully horizontal he pushed the throttle all the way down. The engines roared as the Pelican sped towards its destination.

"I was born in 2520, in a small, backwards, POS hole in the ground called Alice Springs. It's in the middle of the bloody desert and in the almost 1000 years it's been around, it hasn't changed one bit. But that's home," He looked over to Deamon with a grin, knowing too well that's not the question he was asking.

Looking back to the controls, he said, "Alpha Base. Some stupid hill the Covenant had, which made some ODST's think it might be fun trying to take while their fucking Halcyon is burning up in atmosphere."

He looked back one last time, "Thanks for that pistol by the way. Bloody lot of good that did against those Hunters..."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: