News: "Enjoying yourselves, intruders?"

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2022, 02:11:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Portent  (Read 48439 times)
Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2012, 04:45:12 AM »

"Looks like they need a hand down there, hmm hopefully this peace of shit can still fly so we can land" said Scarlet as she made her way to the bridge.

"Morrgius make sure nothing else goes wrong with the engines, I am taking us in"/    

Scarlet got to the helm and piloted the Paper Princess towards the distress beacons location.      

"This is the Paper Princess, we have heard your distress signal and are coming to rescue you" said Scarlet in the comns.   Her Irish heritage noticeable.

"Yes....but those were clean when we bought ship months ago.   Owners promised.   But they are merchants, so they lie, yes of course naive foolish.   This is what I got for letting krogan assist in helping.   But with limited staff what other option do I have, Commander willl not diminish herself to such menial labour, and we are triad no room for fourth member, shadow quartet ridiculous" mused Morrgius to the Quarian.

"Yes Commander engines should be fine, might need to make  few repairs when we land.   FTL drive is damaged, but so are a few less important pieces.     Advise landing away from danger as well".      

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2012, 05:19:45 AM »

"What's going on?" asked Kirra, "Did someone say something about Geth? Can I see them?"

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 05:49:27 AM »

Dax rumbled with joy when he heard they were landing to raid an Alliance outpost. At least, that's what he heard. The asari simply scoffed, like she had better things to do. 
Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2012, 07:14:08 AM »

Scarlet put down the Paper Princess  at the landing site of the facility.   Already it was under fire from Geth, but the armor plates held.      It managed to help draw fire away from the military at least as the attacking Geth diverted towards the land pad to deal with the new arrivals.

"Open season down here, anything is open to looting this is a warzome.    Remember live geth are worth a shit ton of money, so see if we can disable one.  Morrigus watch the ship, don't need the geth or anyone stealing her" ordered Scarlet over the comns to the triad.    Sure others could here them probably but that was her crews orders.   She didn't give fuck what the others did or thought about it.   If they had physical loot they would have to pay to bring it aboard or take a cut in the share from selling it.

Messer was the first off the ship and the geth that was trying to board the ship was
met with shotgun blast to the optic node.     

"Come on we have people to find, and shit to loot".

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2012, 08:50:08 AM »

Urdnot Dax un-compacted his weapon and began stomping down the crafts ramp, "I'll be taking everything I can carry! HA! This day just got better!"

The asari vanguard, who had just recently decided to go by 'Lulu' instead of her birth name Kamirra, followed behind the krogan to use him as cover. She was more interested in credits than anything else. Maybe jewellery. Or data she could use as blackmail. She cradled her Falcon and  emerged from behind the krogan, who was now firing bursts into a group of geth guarding the airlock.

She fired a warp of energy into one and fired two concussive rounds at the feet of another.

Shadd opened his eyes. The mess hall was considerably darker now and full of smoke. He couldn't exactly remember what had happened, but he woke up to find himself on the floor with half his face to it and the other pointing up at the ceiling. He followed his stretched out arm to his fingers, where he saw just beyond them, out of focus, was his helmet. Shadd still wasn't fully aware of the situation but new that helmet should be over his head. Especially seeing as though he seemed to be bleeding profusely from it. So he turned his hand over and pressed it down on the floor and began pulling himself toward it.
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 04:41:55 PM »

((OoC: Lulu? That name always makes me think of a poodle. xD
If you want you could replace the "K" with a "C" so her name's "Camirra". Then she'd have the same name, but it wouldn't look so much like Kirra.))

Kirra drew her pistol. It had been given to her as a gift, along with other supplies for her journey. She'd been taught how to use and maintain it, but she'd never had a chance to fire it yet.
She loaded disruptor ammo into the weapon. The electrical charge was meant to damage shields, but it should wreak even more havoc on the Geth... If she managed to hit any of them.

KING OF SPACE
I AM THE KING OF SPACE
Global Moderator

GREETINGS ROLEPLAYERS

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 08:03:44 PM »

Mickey waited. And waited. And waited some more.

Getting impatient, the man began to advance slowly, Locust pointed up. He promptly switched out for his plasma shotgun, and raised it, steeling himself to Charge into whatever geth showed themselves as he moved slowly up.

The problem with reality is, terrible things happen to good people, and as friends all we can do is stand by them and hope they get better. Sometimes they don't. = Claptrap, eulogy for Micheal John Mamaril
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2012, 10:39:03 PM »

Dax strutted towards the airlock. A wounded geth lay against the door, sputtering nonsense and leaking some kind of fluid. A quick burst of thermal to the optics took care of it. The krogan looked around the door, clueless of how to open it. He grumbled and began trying to manually pry open the doors.

Lulu (OoC: I like Lulu Tongue), folded her arms and sighed. She threw a glance over at the quarian, or salarian, "I think we need a techie over here. Quickly, please, before he hurts himself."

(OoC: At this point, is everyone down stairs pretty much overrun by geth?)
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2012, 11:05:12 PM »

((OoC: Yeah, everyone's overrun by now. Tongue ))

"On it!" said Kirra, hurrying over to the door interface. She quickly rerouted a few circuits to bypass the lock.
"Get ready," she warned, then opened the door.

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 02:24:36 AM »

"Ready this" growled Messer as he hurled a grenade through the opening door.   Was there anythiing there he didn't know, but it was worth a shot.      Explosion should be done by the time it got fully open anyway.     And it did hit some geth on the other side so it was all good.

Morrigus was a bit outraged the krogan killed a geth they could of brought aboard for study, but he let it slide.   

"Nice shot, but don't do something that stupid in this large of a group again Messer.   Someone could of gotten hurt" scolded Scarlet.     She brushed her hair and moved forward.

"Morrigus can you trace where the distress signal is, or get a message out to them?"

"Yes, either can be done".

"Send them a message that the calvary is here".

"On it Commander".

"Assistance arrived, hold on"  broadcasted  Morrigus throughout the facility.   At least he thought it should go out to any not geth with communication devices.     He might have to try finding a terminal for more of an effect though.    Either way his plan was worth a shot.

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 02:36:58 AM »

The door opened.

"Ha!" Dax cheered, smashing his fists together, "Knew I'd get it. Come on, let's go!" The krogan kicked up dirt as he stormed into the service tube leading down into the facility.

Lulu jogged up to the entrance and peered inside, "No need to worry about tactics, I guess," then she looked over at the quarian and said with a patronising tone; "Maybe you should stay up here, sweetheart. Wouldn't want a puncture in that pretty little suit now would we?" Then with a smile she quickly disappeared inside, running after the krogan.

As she headed down the tube, she passed quite a few geth bodies. Most, if not all of them, were either gunned down or taken out with biotics. Not damaged by the korgan. Whoever was here originally held their own pretty well. As she got closer to the bottom, there was a brief moment on gun fire which quickly ceased. When she arrived, stepping into the atrium, two fresh geth bodies lay on the ground with the krogan standing over one, kicking it into the wall.

"They startled me, heh,"

Lulu shook her head and looked around the atrium they were in. A fierce, fierce gun fight took place here. Scorch marks and bullet holes on almost every surface. Blood, too. Lots of it. No bodies, though.

"That's weird..." she commented, mostly to herself as she looked around. No bodies to loot from, that was her favourite thing to loot. She noticed strangle tripods set up in the corners of the room too. They weren't alliance or colonial, maybe geth, but it didn't look like they served any purpose.

She paid no more attention to them and waited for everyone else to get down there before she went any further.  

KING OF SPACE
I AM THE KING OF SPACE
Global Moderator

GREETINGS ROLEPLAYERS

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 02:44:13 AM »

Mercs.

Mickey stood there, not sure what to do. In the end, he decided to act nonchalant. For now, he hadn't sighted any geth. But he kept his finger poised near the trigger of his Plasma Shotgun.

The problem with reality is, terrible things happen to good people, and as friends all we can do is stand by them and hope they get better. Sometimes they don't. = Claptrap, eulogy for Micheal John Mamaril
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 02:52:35 AM »

Kirra stuck her tongue out at the Asari, (as if anyone could see it), and followed.
"Maybe they all got away and hid?" she suggested, noting the lack of bodies. "I don't know of any reason why the Geth would want to capture them or drag the bodies off anywhere."

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 02:59:54 AM »

"HAHA," Dax laughed, at the idea of human soldiers hiding, "Yes, they would do that wouldn't they?"

Lulu kneeled down to examine a puddle of blood, "I don't know... Alliance are pretty tough. They wouldn't just go run and hide... maybe the geth took them prisoner... but this is a lot of blood... something's up here."
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 03:12:35 AM »

"Maybe we'll learn more if we keep moving," said Kirra, "There may still be people here who need our help. And I want to know what's going on here."
She moved on to the next door and started working on getting it open.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: