News: "Awfully bold for someone who hasn't posted in three years, aren't you?"

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2022, 01:49:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Portent  (Read 48438 times)
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2012, 07:19:26 PM »

"I don't know," Kirra shrugged, "I'm looking for something, and I'll have a better chance of finding it if I'm not stranded somewhere, begging for enough credits to get a sterile meal. Happens to alot of pilgrims, I'm really lucky."

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2012, 09:41:23 PM »

Shadd shrugged too, "Whatever it is you're looking for, you might find it on the Citadel. I bet that's where the Captain will want to go now,"

Kelly moved across the crew quarters and approached the bridge. Quintilus was inside with Scarlet transferring the data. She frowned and stepped inside, removing her helmet and throwing a frown at the merc leader. She saluted Quintilus.
"Ma'am, what are we doing next?"
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2012, 10:26:24 PM »

"Maybe," said Kirra, "You've heard of Quarian pilgrimages before, I hope, I've had to explain it alot. What I have in mind is different. I don't want to just find something to bring back to the fleet, I want to build something. Maybe even a whole ship!" she said excitedly, "Nothing big though, and I would need alot of time and supplies."

"At ease," said Quintilus, "Let everyone know that we're headed to the Citadel to report in. Until then, you should make yourselves comfortable and stay out of trouble."
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 10:31:09 PM by IndigoWolf » Logged

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2012, 10:39:40 PM »

Shadd had never met a Quarian before, and judging by her tone she seemed tired of explaining what this 'pilgrimage' was. he was able to piece it together from what she just said, though.
"Pilgrimage? Yeah, uh, yeah I know all about that. It's when you guys go out and bring stuff back to the fleet."

Kelly saluted once again before leaving, "Aye, aye."
She returned the crew quarters and decided to do what the captain said, relax and stay out of trouble. It was hard to fully relax though, when about half these scientists were complaining of headaches and the ships buzzing noise. Whimps.

Lulu waved off the speakers and focused her attention back on the young Turian, "So what was that about me being crazy?"
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2012, 11:00:16 PM »

"Yes, it's to prove ourselves when we become adults," Kirra added, "And it brings in some much needed supplies. We always need more ships too..." She started to trail off, thinking, "If I could buy a shuttle and some scrap metal, I could make the cabin bigger... No, the cockpit and thrusters are too close together..." She shook her head, "Anyways, I've got some ideas."

"Yeah," said Cai. "Not a bad kind of crazy though," he added hastily.

KING OF SPACE
I AM THE KING OF SPACE
Global Moderator

GREETINGS ROLEPLAYERS

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2012, 11:22:01 PM »

Mickey nodded to Morrigan. "Ah. Thanks for the explanation."

With that, he looked around the crew quarters and sat down. He didn't take off any of his armor, nor did he deactivate his weapons. He wasn't doing that until he was well and truly safe.

The problem with reality is, terrible things happen to good people, and as friends all we can do is stand by them and hope they get better. Sometimes they don't. = Claptrap, eulogy for Micheal John Mamaril
Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2012, 11:51:21 PM »

With that taken care of, Morrigus headed to the engine room to ensure everything had went ok and that the quarian did not need assistance.     Then he would check on the wounded and such, mostly because he assumed the quarian could handle herself after all it was a quarian.    It was said they could fix an entire system with just a few pieces of scrap metal and element zero, perhaps a bit of hyperbole but still their skill was impressive.

Morrigus hung at the door of the engine room, not going fully in, especially since he caught sign of the human engineer socializing with the quarian.      Plus he was a tad embarassed at the state of the engine system thanks to the misuse by previous owners, and his own emergency repairs which were for function at the moment rather then long term,  but it was better then sitting around getting shot at to make the long term repair.   

"Everything alright?   Sorry for intrusion but I thought I should help, at very least check on you".  "Apologies busy trying to ensure everything on ship is alright, and crew relatively happy".   

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2012, 12:21:24 AM »

Shadd nodded to the Salarian, "I think we have everything under control,"

He looked to Kirra, "Was... there anything else you needed help with?"

"Not the bad kind of crazy, huh?" Lulu asked slyly, stepping closer to the Turian.
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2012, 02:09:47 AM »

"No," said Kirra, "We've run out of conventional parts and nothing else is in dire need of repairs."

"Um, no, not bad at all," he gulped, "I mean, all these scientists and military people have gotten boring and predictable. You're not."

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2012, 03:29:59 AM »

"Right,  I will get parts you need once one Citadel, just send me list" said Morrgius deciding to leave the human and the quarian alone.   Giving a sort of knowing glance to the engineer, his body language suggested attraction or was it that he was going to attack, he wasn't sure had been a while since he studied human anatomy and sociology.    

Morrgius made his way to the scientists, who were complaining of headaches and buzzing sounds odd.     Migraines?   No this was a large group of them for it to be like that, the odds of every single member of a scientist team to have a migraine headache at the same time were too slim.    Something else was at work here, but what?   Now he really wanted to read that data Scarlet had demanded,  one of the pleasures of working for her, she got good information and allowed him to work relatively freely.   No Salarian government to tell him to commit atrocities, such as the genophage.   Here he was free to work and research as he pleased. 

Scarlet impatiently waited for the data as she navigated to the Mass Relay.     Putting the ship in a fuel conserving orbit around the structure.    Amazing what these things did for space travel.     

"Turian?  What are you going to do now that your little base has failed? Or your crew?" asked Scarlet.   
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 03:36:03 AM by Spec-Opp Spartan » Logged

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2012, 03:49:06 AM »

"I'll head back to the crew quarters, then," Shadd said, gesturing to the door with his thumb. He gave a Kirra a nod and a sort of awkward smile before turning to leave.

As he stepped out into the hall, he ran into a Krogan. He had worked with one of these guys before.

"Human."

"Oh, hello," replied Shadd, stepping back.

"I believe this is yours," the Krogan handed over a battle damaged helmet. It was scorched, but some of it's original colour detail remained; yellow. The visor was shattered and there was a clean slice running across the forehead; a narrow miss from a pulse round. The slice matched Shadd's scar.

"That is mine!" Shadd accepted the helmet and held it in his hands for a few seconds, staring at the damage done by the stray pulse round, "Yeah, thanks. Why did you have it?"

"Wanted it to be a souvenir. I collect things," the Krogan replied, reluctantly passing with the helmet, "But I figured it would mean more to you, that being your first conflict and first near-miss."

Shadd chuckled awkwardly, "What are you talking about? I've been dozens of conflicts and had plenty of near misses... that obvious was it?"

"Ha, yeah," the Korgan laughed, "You did good. All you Alliance types did good. I think I even saw one of the scientists pick up a weapon. You Human's never cease to impress. Name's Dax."

Shadd smiled and extended his hand, "Shadd,"

The Krogan didn't know what to do with the hand, though.

Dax raised an eye ridge, "Where I come from, we congratulate our warriors with a headbutt,"

Immediately, Shadd stepped back and raised both his hands, "Haha, woah buddy, I don't think so. I don't have a... thing, on my head" he said, gesturing to the tough shell  on Dax's forehead.

"Right, I forgot you Humans are all soft and squishy," And with that, Dax brushed past Shadd and continued down the hall. Shadd smiled, taking one last look at his helmet, and continuing onward to the crew quarters.
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2012, 04:45:45 AM »

"What I do is my own business. And I wouldn't think the likes of you would consider it a failure," Quintilus snorted, "The data was secured, being brought to it's destination, and with it in my employers' hands, I will undoubtedly be payed for my efforts. If I was as coldhearted as you, I'd consider that a victory."

Kirra smiled back, but her helmet hid it.
She first gave the engine room a quick once-over to make sure she hadn't missed any potential problems, then wandered toward the living quarters casually. Unsure if the human had wanted her to follow and continue the conversation, or if she had bored him.

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2012, 05:52:37 AM »

"You seem quite content and proud of yourself though.  But is that data and the coin really worth the lives it took to defend it?  Money and cash is good, I am a merc love the stuff, but even I know there is more important things then money or a job well done.   But I am just a cold hearted merc aren't I turian?! I am quite glad that you understand me so well despite not even knowing who I am, or why and how I run things.    If I were as cold hearted you claim then why did I come to your aid?  Why didn't I just kill everyone instead and loot everything from your base, or even smarter wait for the geth to kill you all and leave and then loot everything.   The data? Just a something to make me feel better to risk the lives of my crew to save a bunch of conceited punks.   I'm no hero, but at least I don't go prancing around like I am one, know I am flawed and an unpleasant person.     But I'm not in it for just the money, nor was in it to complete a job I came down to save you out of my own free will because I wasn't going to let some alien douchebags kill some humans like that, especially Alliance personnel".   

"And don't you bitch to me about ethics, you're a fucking turian.   Your people have no right to talk ethics to me, when your kind ordered the genophage.".

Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2012, 06:18:21 AM »

"My grandfather's grandfather wasn't even alive when that happened, the genophage is ancient history," Quintilus said dismissively, "You can't question my morals on something my people did centuries ago. But I can question yours on your attitude. How do I know the only reason my men and I aren't dead or stranded is because of this information? How do I know this research isn't the only thing you came to this system for?"

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2012, 06:37:31 AM »

Lulu could sense some awkwardness in this Turian. She was going to have some fun exploiting that. She smiled at his 'unpredictable' comment, and then sat herself up on the table with the weapons.

"So, Cai, how did a big strong Turian like yourself end up on a planet guarding a bunch of poindexters?"

Shadd walked onto the crew deck. The scientists were all sitting in a group under the watchful eyes of a pair of marines. The scientists were all discussing between themselves what exactly happened. As for the soldiers assigned to that outpost, they were scattered in pairs or trios throughout the deck, discussing their own opinions.

After nearly being spiked by those responsible for whatever was going on down there, he wasn't exactly in the mood to talk about them in detail. The Geth or those things. He liked talking to the Quarian. Maybe he should go back.

Shadd turned around to see Kirra coming inside. He didn't know what to do with himself. He didn't want her to think he was coming back to speak to her, for some reason. So instead he turned to walk one direction, until realising the only thing in that direction was a wall. So he turned around again to walk the other way; a crate. Damn it. Now he looked stupid, and now she probably doesn't want to talk to him. Maybe he can pass it off as a head injury thing.

"Hey," he smiled, very awkwardly, and even adding a wobbly chuckle at the end, "What's- Uh, hey. So..." What the hell was going on?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to: