News: "Your pale heart holds the key."

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 30, 2022, 11:50:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Managing Threads  (Read 24907 times)
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2012, 05:31:10 AM »

By recreating an entirely new Halo story that would meld perfectly with the actualy one would kill all of our characters in some way, would it not?

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2012, 05:36:11 AM »

Nonsense!  Tongue

As cool as it would be, and it would be cool, I believe there is only one person here who would know what they are doing :humble face:  😌 Tease.      

Epic Halo lore, just not in the games....yet.    Apparently Halo 4 will connect to the Forerunner Trilogy and probably Glasslands

And no Mitch i we are talking about in our current arc, and starting a new arc with new characters is just in theory at the moment, apparently to be done closer to Halo 4 time.

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2012, 05:41:58 AM »

By recreating an entirely new Halo story that would meld perfectly with the actualy one would kill all of our characters in some way, would it not?

Well, possibly. Rebooting the entire story, from the very beginning, would pretty much kill everything we've done after Halo 3. Not that it means we forget everything we've done and I don't mean we do it straight away, I mean when we stop. Because our characters are going to have to stop eventually, if you think about it. Tongue

So when the story we're doing now is done, that's when we'd start over.

And I mean over. This time, I would like it to be as close to the canon as possible. So that this story would be definitive fanon. Meaning I would like this time around to be lacking in the dozens of Spartan programs we have. xD
But we can debate that when the time comes.
Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2012, 05:45:35 AM »

Well, possibly. Rebooting the entire story, from the very beginning, would pretty much kill everything we've done after Halo 3. Not that it means we forget everything we've done and I don't mean we do it straight away, I mean when we stop. Because our characters are going to have to stop eventually, if you think about it. Tongue

And I mean over. This time, I would like it to be as close to the canon as possible. So that this story would be definitive fanon. Meaning I would like this time around to be lacking in the dozens of Spartan programs we have. xD

😱.  😰.  I thought the reboot would be done with a new cast 😭

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 16, 2012, 05:49:44 AM »

I see what you mean. When the pendulum finnally slows to a stop- and it will stop- out of the ashes comes something old, yet new.

/prophecy talk.

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 16, 2012, 05:52:07 AM »

😱.  😰.  I thought the reboot would be done with a new cast 😭

It's an opportunity for a new cast, but no one has to. I might, but I'll be using Anau again.
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2012, 06:33:59 AM »

Back to what I was saying. I don't mean more relaxing time, I just mean more of a sense of time. In that if we say there's five minutes until something happens, we really try to make sure that no one does more than can be done in five minutes, though that sounds nitpicky. 
I just feel like our characters are floating along and there's no discernible passage of time anymore. And maybe correcting that will give more of a sense of realism, pace, and make things more organized. Tongue

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2012, 09:14:04 AM »

Most of these threads are pretty close together with nothing but a slipspace jump between them. I was going for the sense of urgency. I think Specs' next arc should be more to your liking, regarding time. Tongue
Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2012, 01:53:40 AM »

Yeah even without having this in mind things would be slower for the most part, though there will be some instances that will probably require we have threads occurring during back to back, or just a slip space jump away scenarios without a break, nothing I can do but the situation would require it.

If you liked the timing of things  the threads on Ad Infinitum then I think you will like my timing Tongue

But I will keep in mind that time needs to move at a logical pace for the next arc.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: