News: Welcome to Project RP! A collaborative writing project based here on this very forum.

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2022, 01:07:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Managing Threads  (Read 24911 times)
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« on: March 15, 2012, 01:29:44 AM »

Hey guys.

As pointed out by Sev, we seem to get overwhelmed pretty quickly when we have multiple universes running at once. This then leads to the abandonment of that thread/board, example Star Wars.

So in this thread we're going to put all the universes we want to RP in on the table, pick one, bring it up and then stick to it.

The big two we keep tossing around are Star Wars and Mass Effect. There's the recent edition of Pokemon as well. We need to pick one and stick to it till it's over, then move onto the next.

So, cast votes and make suggestions.
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 01:53:16 AM »

Honestly? I dunno if I should be talking, considering my lacking-ness in Nations from time to time. But, Star Wars seems to be cursed when it comes to us. It dies for one reason or another, it would seem. P=
I say we don't abolish the thought, but wait until we can muster up enough resolve to actually commit to a Star Wars RP.

As for Mass Effect? I'm assuming this is because of the series' most recent and final addition to the main story. For that reason, I vote we hold that off until a reasonable amount of time has passed for us all to complete the series. After that set amount of time has passed, then tell them to read the wiki. I still like the idea of an ME RP, believe me. I'll join myself, too. But for now, I say we hold it off, should my opinion be heeded. Only for now, though.

Pokemon has a great premise going, and the better part of us are more than willing to hop in. My only concern is that there should be a limit. Not to keep certain people out, but because you can't have a huge ass group of like, twelve(clearly exaggerated.) people on the same adventure. Though we could always tackle Pokemon as sub threads and what-not.

As you can see, all of these ideas require a great deal more thinking at this moment. I'm game for whatever the majority chooses.

Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 01:57:18 AM »

Whenever we get around to Star Wars, I think it should be Old Republic, that way it won't matter if we have a buncha Force-users.

Also, maybe there's some sort of threat that forces our characters to unite for a common purpose, regardless of moral alignment. That way people could have Light or Dark-siders and still be a part of the story. Might make things interesting, having a few people around who previously wanted to kill you.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 02:12:10 AM by Spartan-777 » Logged

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 02:32:01 AM »

I am fine with any of them, my top two choices are Star Wars and Mass Effect I guess, simply because I already RP pokemon. 

I liked our first Mass Effect RP, a shame Are's departure led to its demise, or was it before anyway it failed like the rest of our ventures outside of Halo, minus Nations and Infinitus (my fault)

And yeah Star Wars is cursed XD.

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 02:43:56 AM »

I agree to the SW thread being set in the Old Republic. That will solve the force sensitive issue, per what you said Sev.

I have an idea for the Mass Effect RP. When we get to that, I would like to head it. It would start before the events of Mass Effect 2.

The pokemon thread sounded like it was coming together nicely.

So which one will we focus on?

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 02:47:59 AM »

I vote Mass Effect

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 04:50:11 AM »

I vote Star Wars. That way one, it will give you, my australian friend, to have more time to think about all the little details for the RP, too.

However I request that we start the Star Wars RP as soon as possible, that way we all have somethign to do and I don't feel like a douche for not posting as often in Nations, heh...

Also, is there a possible way that a jedi can freeze their age for a hella lot of time?

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 05:39:37 AM »

Indi voted for a Mass Effect thread.

I'm leaning towards another SW thread.
Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 11:07:24 AM »

I'd be up for Star Wars. P:

Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 12:47:35 AM »

What is this focus nonsense? Focus restricts creativity, I can't work when I'm told what to do. I want to RP what I want to RP when I want to RP it, darn it. Tongue

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 01:16:52 AM »

What is this focus nonsense? Focus restricts creativity, I can't work when I'm told what to do. I want to RP what I want to RP when I want to RP it, darn it. Tongue

All attempts for other RPs have failed, save Nations. That's because we start one, then another idea pops up so we move to that. We don't have the member strength to keep all the threads running at once. The idea is that we focus on one outside of Halo and Nations, so that it survives to the end. It, in the long run, also gives this site longer life.   
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 02:27:11 AM »

I know we can keep two going at least, don't keep it just to one. I want to keep it so that people have other options if they aren't crazy about the current RP. We need to have something for everybody, or we'll end up with less members. Tongue

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 02:39:51 AM »

I don't think you're getting it. I'm not stopping people from making threads and I'm not saying we should focus on Star Wars and nothing but Star Wars. Look at our Left 4 Dead thread, Red vs Blue thread, Star Wars attempts and Mass Effect attempts. Look at Specs' Infinitus. People got distracted and abandoned them, no matter how much planning was involved.

All I'm proposing here is that we focus on one other story at a time so that we can break out of this trend.
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 02:57:18 AM »

But if what you're saying is true. If we really try to focus on one thread, everything else has even less of a chance of survival. Tongue

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 03:04:58 AM »

No... Halo and Nations are fine. The other threads I mentioned are still open for posting and we can come back to them. We voted on what thread to focus on, and Star Wars took the majority.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: