News: "Awfully bold for someone who hasn't posted in three years, aren't you?"

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 12, 2022, 12:43:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Crown of Tyrenus Ulm  (Read 21428 times)
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2013, 09:26:03 PM »

"Line of fire on that door, soldiers!"

The Carpentarian's formed a kneeling line in front of the slab sealed shut. Arthur drew his sword and stood behind them. "And someone bandage that man!"

As his soldiers got to work, he confronted Soledad.

"Last I checked, bullets go through water without any issue. Care to suggest something?"
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2013, 06:02:52 AM »

Eleanor stood at Arthur's side, she shot a frustrated glare at Soledad and then looked to Arthur. "Major, I am uncertain as to how long we could possibly hold off a horde of beasts composed entirely of water. As that is not our only problem, most of the men are low on ammunition from our previous skirmish."

Ruin joined the three. "As much as I would like to help, water isn't exactly my specialty, people. I could hold off at least a third of that horde before they would best me."

Back to Eleanor. "I understand that it may seem cowardly, however... It may be best if we retreat to a safer point in this cave." She clutched her rifle. "At least until these supposed reinforcements arrive."

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2013, 08:25:43 AM »

"I'm afraid shooting them or most conventional methods won't work.  These things when they are in their water or now gaseous state are a pain in the ass to deal with even for me or an entire bezerker squad.  There is a reason that my kind has nearly rendered this species extinct, besides the fact water isn't our specialty" said Soledad.   

"There is no need to retreat, if they break through the door we are screwed anyway.   Besides we won't have to wait long for reinforcemens, not with who I called" said Soledad.   She took out her P-38.
"Just have your men keep their formation and open fire once that door opens again.

A pink crescent shaped tear appeared in the center of the room.  A small (about 5 feet) scythe wielding figure emerged with five men dressed in full grey and black battle dress uniforms falling in behind her.   
Once they all had arrived the scythe stopped glowing and the rift in space vanished.

Not wasting anytime she barked commands to her commandos in French.    Two of them stood at either side of the door ready to open it quickly at a moments notice and then retreat to the side.   The other three joined the Carpentarian firing line holding what looks like grenades in their hands.

Osman glanced over at Soledad who gave her a nod to proceed.   

The doors opened and the Tyrenen Commando's tossed their cyro grenades into the room quickly turning the Nymph nest and rest of the room into ice. 

Soledad opened fire at the now frozen nymphs, much easier to dispose of now that they had a solid form.
The Commando's joined once they were able to get their assault rifles out. 

Together the Tyrenian and Carpentarian Assault disposed of the nymphs. 

"[You owe me one of those Ancient Atano crystals, sorry all I could muster was this Primmordial Commando Squad you had stationed at my lab at such short notice.   Next time stock my lab with a proper garrison.  I don't care how elite the Commandos are, or how loyal these dogs have become to me.   Recover your sword and gather your pets quickly]" said Osman making her way into the ice coated room. 
She snapped her fingers and whisted.  Her Commando's falling in behind her taking position at the next door.   

"That's Osman, close friend, advisor, super genius, and Director of Intelligence.  She is the same species as the person who was leading those men from earlier.  Despite her size and well childish appearence she is a few years older than me and she is one of the deadliest things in Tyrene.  Come on, she isn't going to wait on us, nor will she speak English to you like I am. She'll only talk in one of our countries native tongues, despite having more skill at English than I " explained Soledad gesturing for her so called pets to follow. 

She ripped her sword from the frozen fountain (though her sword froze the fountain in red ice not the regular ice this room was now covered in).

She waited for everyone to form up.  "Remember don't look in the mirrors, water or any other reflective surfaces in the next room.   Just run and don't stop or listen to the Siren inside.  It'd be better to just rush through with your eyes closed and ears covered.   Just a straight shot through, just be careful of the ice here and puddles there.   When you're ready we'll proceed".

(Ooc I know it was a lot in here but like I said I would like to keep things moving.  Plus the Tyrene military has the Prussian ideals of hitting things swiftly with precision and efficiently.  Soledad wasn't doing that because she didn't want to be super hands on with Arthur's men plus for safety reasons, Osman knows the layout better than Soledad plus she doesn't really care about safety just results). 

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2013, 12:42:01 PM »

"Run through the ice puddle room with our eyes shut? I don't think so."

Arthur turned to his men, "We all have heard tales of sirens haunting our ships in unknown oceans. You know what they are capable of; you know how they will try to seduce you. If you come under its spell; remember only these two words; shoot it."

He turned to Soledad with his pistol drawn, "We are ready. Let's begin." 
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2013, 09:27:46 PM »

Of course, two soldiers had already looked into the ice-made mirrors. Inevitable, in retrospect. It was about halfway through the room that this happened, and they were quickly dispatched in the back by what looked like shadow-made versions of themselves. Ruin was the first to react, accidentally looking into a mirror in the process. Four more soldiers- Eleanor included, unfortunately glanced into the mirrors.

"Ah, shit." She cursed, fixing her hat and readying herself in a combat stance. She once again morphed her arm into its firearm form and balled her fist in her free hand. "You boys and girls have a tight schedule. The least I can do is keep them off of you."

Eleanor raised her rifle. "But what of you?"

Ruin winked. "Don't worry about me, sweetheart. This isn't my first rodeo." She shooed them off and turned around in time to dodge a swing from her own shadow-clone and punched it in the back of the head, staggering it.

Eleanor huffed and turned to Arthur. "Major? Should we do as she requests and continue without her?"

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2013, 09:49:40 PM »

"She is not our responsibility. Do as she says, Leftenant. We continue on to our objective." Arthur waved on the rest of his men to follow after Soledad.

He watched as Ruin faced off against the droves of ice creatures, alone. She left as mysteriously as she arrived. Maybe their paths would cross again, but for now, Arthur had to take advantage of her sacrifice.   
Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2013, 01:23:00 AM »

Soledad wanted to help Ruin but she was stopped by a chilling yet electrifying sensation on the back of her neck, and a hiss from Osman.   

"[Leave your pet behind.  While it is an interesting specimen just leave it.   It might just live anyway.   Granted if you used your mad blood and allowed us to fully release in front of these foreign humans then we wouldn't have to worry about it my naive little Soledad.  Are you going to put aside your kinds silly sense of honor or am I going to have to force you to listen to reason?]" whispered Osman as bringing the blade of her tail to the back of Soledad's neck. 

"[Fine we'll leave and we won't have to hold back anything]" said Soledad.   It wasn't like she had a choice, she just wanted it to be her actually saying it not Osman forcing her to say it with that damn tail of hers.  Of all the weapons she encountered the tail of a Novali was the most dangerous, and it had been since they were created.

"That's my little Soledad" cooed Osman smirking and delivering a small bleeding cut onto Soledad's neck, rather than bleed her regular red blood,a goopy thick black substance bled out.  A pair of black "angelic" wings sprouted from Osman's back and a tail with a rather sinister barbed blade at the end that seemed nearly as long as the small woman.    Soledad's wings returned, as well as her claws.

The Tyrenans joined the withdrawal from the room, making sure to securely shut the exit.   

The next room was a rather ornate room adorned with rich tapestries made of rare silk and adorned with gold and precious gems.   Mountains of gold, silver, and precious gems littered the floor.   This was the treasure room where a nice collection of wealth had been placed here by the Bastet who believed that everything you were buried with went with you to te afterlife and they figured their Emperor needed the wealth and gold and gem adorned weaponry stored here.   There were also the tombs of the servants the Bastet left behind.  If they happened to be right the first Emperor was set for his afterlife thanks to the Bastet.   If anyone love the Emperor the most it was the  neko, he freed them from slavery from the Urakard after all.

"Don't Even think about taking anything from this room.  Not even a single coin or gem.  I don't care what the Empress promised.  You'll get your gold, just not from here" hissed Osman.

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2013, 08:55:54 PM »

"By the King..." One of the marines said, in total awe of the room, "The riches... everything we must acquire is here!"

Arthur walked around the room, too in awe of its contents. He liked to think himself above Carpentarian's lust for loot, but sometimes, he just couldn't hide it. "No..." he said after a few moments, "No. That wasn't the deal. We're to assist Soledad until the end of her quest. Then we may claim our reward."

Most of the men shot a look of displeasure at Arthur, but ultimately agreed with his orders.

"And all of you, do yourselves a favour; do as Osman says. If I see anyone pocket a single coin, I'll cut off your fingers."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 11:11:53 PM by Danny » Logged
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2013, 10:21:54 PM »

Eleanor paced up net to Arthur, holding her rifle close to her chest. "I feel that we're being led into a rouse, Major." She whispered. "At the very least, we are being cheated."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: