News: "You have no pieces left to place. The game is over."

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 01, 2022, 12:06:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: World Events  (Read 40261 times)
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2012, 02:02:42 AM »

Tyrene's message has been flagged as 'received' by multiple military leaders currently engaged in the Avalonian conflict. Unfortunately, as the conflict reaches its violent epitome, all but two have failed to reply. The nation of Delta responds:

"Is this one of those chain-mail things?"

Caelum sends a message of its own.

"This is a difficult subject. Avalon is the aggressor. It attempted to violently expand its boarders by launching a massive land invasion of the southern state 'Empire', as well as suddenly and despicably turning on the nations kindly hosting one of their 'outposts'. The armed forces of the world responded accordingly, striking Avalon in its heart, forcing invading troops to retreat. Caelum believes the objective is completed; Avalon's aggression has been halted and agrees with Tyrene by asking allied forces vacate the country. HOWEVER, it does not condone your suggested violence. It's simply ridiculous. Stand down your military immediately."
Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2012, 03:04:08 AM »

Tyrene was not involved for this matter because orginally this was a conflict between the Avalonians themselves not between Avalon and any other nation.     Nor was Tyrene called upon by the rebels, government of Avalon or any nation that involved itself for assistance in this conflict, which is why up until now we have sat out because it was not our place to intervene.   As a nation who has experienced occupation by foreign powers, and a manifold of civil wars a certain fear amongst the population that the fate of Avalon would be like the fate of some of their people and states.    

However Tyrene could no longer idly sit back and watch as the entire world involved itself in this civil war and destruction of said country.  The sheer level of foreign intervention and foreign military force involved in this conflict was excessive.

Federal Military Forces in Tyrene have been put off standby and returned to standard protocol, withdrawn  federal occupational forces from the state of Bastet have been returned to active duty there.    Contracts made with the armies of the states of Urakard, Atano, and Lazuli must be withheld, however this will be done through combat exercises for the rest of the month unless the need for an alternate use arises.   

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2013, 01:32:12 AM »

Several months have passed since the Battle of Avalon. The allied and hostile death toll still remains unknown as the new local government refuses outside aid. Father Futurus issued the following statement:

"The cleanup will be long and it is up to us- only us- to make the mess go away. Those who remain hold no grudge for they are those who allied forces sacrificed so much for. For the first time in millenias the Seraphall are free and awake and it is all thanks to a few who- putting aside past grievances- came to our aid. We thank you. Soldiers and warriors from distant lands who came to us, saved us and died for us. The Seraphall worship you and pray for you and make you this promise; in vein your sacrifice is not. We are a free people. Free from tyranny and bigotry. The Seraphall are free.

Where High Rock once stood- a monument of our fascist past- now stands a monument. A twisted and burnt metal sheet; debris from an unknown aircraft, land vehicle or ship. It is decorated with flowers native to the lands who fought for us. This monument will remain here for as long as the Seraphall do. Your service will never be forgotten and will never go unappreciated."

Father Futurus has claimed leadership over the battle-torn country and promises further communication with the outside world once he has brought order back to Avalon. Since the defeat of the Corrupted Seraphall, many still loyal to the old-Fathers and doctrine have been harassing separatist settlements. This has caused an influx of Avalonian refugees into neighboring countries. Father Futurus has asked Avalonians not to flee as it is just what the loyalists want.

In other news, the paranormal investigators operating out of Delta known as C.E.L.L. have revealed that the unidentified persons abducting civilians from random nations are Makahdain. Not much else has been revealed other than all the abductees being returned safely.       
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2013, 05:48:24 AM »

From the desk of Landon Aono Edwin, Lord and Master of Soll'Rah.

New Year's Eve, December 31, 2012 A.D.C.

Annual Public Address

"Good evening, citizens and warmly welcomed guests of Soll'Rah! I contact you tonight, as I do every December thirty-first, to congratulate you all on helping Soll'Rah advance into a brand new arc of its story. After all, Soll'Rah is your nation; A shared nation.

Yes, it has been a year of trials for us all. And rightfully, and genuinely, I would like to apologize for the unrest I have caused. I know that I may not have been the most ideal of leaders, but know that everything I have done, has been in good conscience of you all. And without you, the people, we would not have come through, I fear.

But tonight I thank you. And as you all get together and celebrate the end of this year, and the birth of the next, I do hope that you are all content, and safe, and well. To the guests of Soll'Rah, I personally wish for you to enjoy yourselves and your time in our country.

And with that, I will leave you to the final seven minutes of two-thousand and twelve! Happy New Year, everyone."

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2013, 05:03:14 AM »

Comrades, it brings me great pleasure to deliver you the news that at the request of the people of Soll'Rah our Liberation Army has begun a campaign to liberate the oppressed people of Soll'Rah from their capitalist overloads.   
Our people's glorious revolution marches onward to ensure all people of the world are free from the oppression.   
We have already taken one area for the revolution but now we are bringing the fight right to the heart of oppression, their capital
Long Live the Revolution 

- Intercepted Snippet of a Broadcast from the Premier of R.U.S.S.R informing his people of the conquest of Demeter by R.U.S.S.R. (and Hymnal) Forces and the start of the invasion of the capital of Soll'Rah.   

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2013, 11:33:06 PM »

[Sometime after the Soll"Rah Offensive]

Energy usage and shortages have become an issue for Delta over the past few years. Recently, Delta's congress convened to discuss possible solutions to shortages. Today, Chief Scientist Cassidy took the podium to put forward her proposal. Her speech was televised, per her request.

"Ladies and Gentlemen. Today you heard from of my esteemed colleagues on how to deal with Delta's energy crisis. Unfortunately, that's all I heard. Plans to deal with it. No such plans on how to resolve it. Twenty-Five years ago, when my mother stood on this podium to address the same issue, you rejected her idea of investing in reusable energy. Instead you chose to outsource our needs to other nations. All that succeeded in doing was prevent the inevitable and let an economic marvel pass us by."

"Excuse me, ma'am? If I recall correctly, your mother's 'solar panels' were so inefficient, it would require a 'solar field' half the size of Delta just to power Metropolis. Delta's a small country, Miss Cassidy, but-"

"You denied her the appropriate funding to improve her own design, Colonel Hsu. Instead, she was ordered to work on water and pressure resistant fiber cables..."

"I hope you're not implying her time was wasted. She helped improve reactor output by twenty-five percent, and intake by one-hundred and twenty-five percent."

"She enabled Delta's addiction to energy. She didn't cure it- because you didn't let her. But today, using her original draft, I hope to convince congress into investing in Delta's own renewable energy program, in turn, investing in Delta."

"Please, before you go on, tell me it won't involve solar fields the size of a country."

"Not a country, no. Now- many improvements have been made in the past two decades. My panels produce 300% more energy than my mothers and are ten percent smaller. Unfortunately, to power Delta as a whole, we still need quite a bit of room. Too much room to make this plan worth a proposal."

"Then what are doing here?"

"Colonel, please. So I thought to myself; where could we put the panels? At first I considered the ocean. Plenty of space, but unpredictable weather and current patterns. Plus maintenance costs would be exponential. Then I thought... wouldn't it be great if, wherever we put the panels, would be in the sun one-hundred percent of the time? That would almost half the space we needed. And then I realized. In our vicinity, there's an untapped source of space in constant exposure to the sun."

[[//*A panel descends behind Cassidy, and a familiar image is projected onto the screen*\\]

"The moon."

"You have got to be..."

"I'm not kidding. I'm quite serious. The face of the moon is constantly reflecting light onto our planet. If we could cover the surface area of Delta on our moon, not only would we have enough energy to power Delta, but two more."

"How would we get the energy back from a moon?"

"I project, that within the next decade, we could have a citizen of Delta in space. If we can achieve that- not only will we be along the road to unlimited energy, but also, we would have expanded the frontier of our border exponentially. Suddenly, Delta wouldn't be so small anymore."

"Cassidy, how would we get the energy back from the moon?"

"Relays. Of my own design, they will bounce the energy back to the planet using specially made reflectors."

"This... is an unexpected 'solution'. I don't know if I should laugh in your face or shake your hand." 

"You should give me a raise. If you fund this, it'll be the best damn thing to happen to Delta. Hell, the world!"

"You're confident, aren't you? How much will this all cost?"

"Over time? Trillions, by my estimate. Hundreds of trillions."

"Miss Cassidy..."

"In a couple of centuries, when we have men on the moon, satellites in orbit, civilizations on other planets-"

"Civilizations on other planets?"

"-if you asked me if it was worth it. I'd either tell you "We have trillions of dollars in yearly revenue and savings." Or "Delta's flag is planted on the moon."

[[//*Silence*\\]]

Two days later, Cassidy's Infinite Energy projected was approved for funding.
Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2013, 05:57:22 AM »

Tyrene News:

Communist Protesters arrested in Lilium after engaging in property damage and vandalism.

Federal Army, and Airforce to deliver/airlift care packages to Soll'Rah

The Imperial Diet has been called together to address the Soviet-Hymnal Attack on Soll'Rah and the Terra Secessionist Crisis at the Nagini Shah's Royal Palace.   

Terra Secessionists have occupied the cities of Oldeburg and Terrarium.   President John Snow is under fire for his inaction and rumored backhanded support of these rebels.   The secessionists were also seen using Soviet and Hymnal weaponry.  The Federal Army has been mobilized to "restore order" to Terra.   President Snow is expected to speak [Tuesday] about the Secession Crisis.   

Rumor has it the Diet intends to impeach President Snow's administration for high treason.   
Conspiracy theorists rave that the Diet is going to remove "Terra's" seat in the Diet and place the lands under federal control once again. 

The Empress's visit to Terra on her tour of the country has been canceled due to unsafe conditions, she is expected to visit once conditions stabilize.   The Empress could not be reached for comments about the crisis but she too is expected to speak about it before the Diet.   

The Zweiten Imperial Coronation has also been put on hold until situations abroad and at home stabilize.  Invited international and Tyrenan guests  will be informed of the new arrangements and those who bought tickets will be given new tickets for the new Mass date.     

BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2014, 08:53:14 AM »

BREAKING NEWS FROM SOLL'RAH'S EASTERN CAPITAL
April 15th, 2014 A.D.C.

"Hello, and good evening fellow Soll'Rahns, and those tuning in from outside of the country. I am Pierce Roberts, the Head News Anchor for the Soll'Rah News Network from here within our country's western capital, Opportunity... And I have distressing news.

At approximately 1 p.m. Eastern Soll'Rah time, the nation of Hymnal and the Soviet Republic assaulted Aura City in a massive blitzkrieg, killing hundreds of innocent civilians. Immediately we were forced on the defensive as our retaliation was not as quick nor strong enough to fend off the invaders. Reports on their motives are unknown, and I am told that they hold the majority of the city, as well as the Islands of Demeter. Further encroachment has been unsuccessful, but if we don't act quickly enough, they will hold our capital. Executive Commander-in-Chief Aria Subaru left her conference here in Opportunity claiming that she has already requested the aid of our allied nations.

We are on Crimson Alert, and calls are coming in from all over the country, requesting information on whether or not their friends and loved ones are safe. Please understand that we are working the best we can, and know that many of our own staff members are also within the chaos. We are providing information as we get it, but until further notice, the Soll'Rahn Security Council has advised that you stay in your homes. Martial Law is in effect, and our forces are mobilizing as I speak, and I myself will remain here to announce our status as it comes.

Have faith, my fellow citizens. And be safe.

Until the next time, this has been Pierces Roberts with your Breaking News.

Thank you.

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2015, 02:29:40 AM »

The offensive lead by Hymnal and R.U.S.S.R on Soll'Rah has ended in allied victory.

A surprise coordinated allied assault devastated hostile forces at the capital and other territories, forcing a full retreat.

Hymnal's only known political leader has pulled Stirgan forces out of territories previously captured, as part of an undisclosed surrender agreement.   

As reconstruction begins, military authorities note that a single Hymnal cruiser escaped the carnage, and is believed to hold high ranking Soll'Rah officials.

It has been confirmed an operation is underway to secure those prisoners. 
BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: February 19, 2021, 10:17:33 PM »

Soll'Rahn news update February 19th, 2020 A.D.C.

As this year's Ardor Festival comes to a close, Lord Edwin declines yet another offer to join the League of Nations. Executive Lady Subaru has commented on the decision, stating that the country just doesn't have the level of security and resources needed to maintain a proper position within the ranks of the LoN.

"Much as we'd like to help, we must focus on ourselves for the foreseeable future. We've been too vulnerable in the past, and we must ensure that never again will there be another attack on our borders that we cannot swiftly deter."

International News

Soll'Rah continues to maintain a presence in Avalon, maintaining relief outposts for residents who've opted to remain in their fallen country. The refugee program enters its fifth year as hundreds of new Seraphall find residence within Soll'Rahn borders. As a result, the citizenship process has been streamlined for ease of access.

The island nation of Ragnarok has declared their independence from the rest of the central continent, causing unease to neighbouring countries. The island, residence to dozens of mercenary guilds, has been a controversial culture since its inception centuries ago.

Spredonia is in its seventh week in a devastating cold front, resulting in rolling blackouts across the country as millions attempt to keep their power grid online.

Lord Edwin leaves for another visit to Tyrene today, journeying with Empress Mephistopholes to our arcane allies to the north.

BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 10, 2021, 10:24:45 PM »

Soll'Rahn news update July 10th, 2021 A.D.C.

Lord Landon Edwin has announced today his abdication from the Soll'Rahn throne, giving no explanation in regards to the decision. He assures the citizens of the country that the choice is not under duress, and that it his his choice alone. In wake of the news, his final act was to appoint his protégé, Ellmi Edwin, as the new monarch of Soll'Rah (Marking her as the youngest member to assume the throne at the age of twenty.). Lady Ellmi Edwin is scheduled to be sworn in officially next week.

International News

Soll'Rahn colony of Aspis continues to prosper in spite of their distance from the mainland. Overseer Minerva Rook projects that their housing initiative will complete ahead of schedule.

In a recent poll, countless people look forward to another Feat's Games.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: