News: "You now face godlike judgement... May it extend eternally."

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2022, 04:58:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Breaking  (Read 10007 times)
Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2017, 02:25:26 AM »

Because of his position, he didn't know exactly what had happened after he had called out to the scavenger. He heard the raider screaming aggression, apparently having lost patience in the thirty seconds he had left her alone. When a shot rang out moments later, he assumed that she was no longer his problem.

He risked a glance to find her still very much alive, although for how much longer he couldn't say.

His rifle settled into the crook of his arm as if by reflex. The scavenger was spitted upon the crosshairs as his trigger finger tensed. Planting one in her back was the simplest and surest way of resolving the conflict. He paused for a beat.

Rifle jammed back into its holster, he ran towards the two at a low crouch. Every step made him want to flinch as he waited for the sound of a snapping twig or crunching leaf to alert his target, to spin her around and put a hole in his gut. His heart hammered in his chest. But the distance continued to shorten.

By the time her head came around, he had brought her to the ground.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 02:29:45 AM by Spartan-777 » Logged

Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 05:02:03 AM »

Wren spat dirt and sucked air back into her lungs. All she could see was grass. The gun was gone. Knife! Knife! She tried to reach, but her knife was on the left side and that arm was pinned. She squirmed and tried to kick, but her attacker had looked twice her size and felt like it too. All she could reach to grab at with her free hand was more dirt and grass.
"I will claw your eyes out you piece of shit raider!" she howled emptily, "You can keep your fucking drugs, I don't want 'em. I just want to eat."

Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 03:32:39 AM »

There was no response as her attacker hastily processed the situation. He grabbed the fallen revolver with the intent of tossing it aside.

He cast a quick glance to his newfound companion, who seemed as likely to use it to shoot him in the back as she was to help him cover the girl.

He jammed the gun into the back of his belt next to the raider's pistol. His head swiveled, eyes darting from one possible hiding place to another. She kept squirming.

What was she reachi--?

Knife.

"Don't."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 08:26:09 PM by Spartan-777 » Logged

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2017, 04:34:45 PM »

Pleased with the loner's swift action, the raider shot the scavver a satisfied smirk before strolling on over to the crate. She flipped it open revealing it's contents. Enough supplies to keep a group going for a couple days, like she promised. A raider group that is. Inside was a couple bottles of murky water, some boxed snacks from before the bombs, a box of mixed ammunition but more importantly... chems. Lot's of chems.

She pulled out some jet and immediately took a hit. She inhaled deep and let her system relax. It was good- but only psycho would take the shakes away. But she had enough sense for the moment to know that was a bad idea.

Returning to the struggle between the loner and the scavver, she squatted down. "'off her. We'll eat good for a week." 
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2017, 04:40:41 AM »

Wren stopped struggling for a second as a chill went through her. No! No! No! "Fuck you, you degenerate bitch! Let me go!" She tore up more grass with her free hand and tried to throw it, but her range of motion was too short.

Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 09:39:23 PM »

"Hold her still."
"What?"

The yellow helmet jerked towards their captive as its wearer fumbled with a pouch. The raider complied.

He produced a mass of burlap: a tattered sack that, at one point, may have been used to store tatoes. Now it was going to serve as an ad hoc blindfold. The captive stopped squirming as the world went dark.

"We're not cannibals. And we can't take her with us."

He pulled the girl to her feet and turned her around. One hand clutched her shoulder, the other pressed a handmade revolver into her back.

"Can you count?"
"...Why?"
"Yes or no?"
"I can count."
"You're going to walk a thousand paces in that direction. Then you can take off the blindfold. You will not come back." A moment of relative silence passed. "There's nothing for you out here."
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:44:40 PM by Spartan-777 » Logged

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2021, 09:10:39 PM »

"Wait."

The raider felt a sting in her heart. Not compassion for the scavver; but self perseverance. The soothing, mind-dulling effect of the jet brought on a revelation; she wasn't ready for Draven to find her... and opening that cache was a breadcrumb leading right back to her.

She turned to the loner, "She's just a kid, ain't she? What harm can she really do?"

The raider moved to Wren's front, lifting the blindfold, "Don't worry, girly, I ain't really gonna eat ya." What she really needed was another body between her and that deranged prick that was undoubtedly heading to the Commonwealth to confirm her death.

"Hm... young, ain't ya? Clean..." She looked over her shoulder, back at the loner, "I say you could use some more company." She winked.

Bringing her attention back to Wren, she asked, "Can you cook? Hunt? Mix chems? What good are you?"
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2021, 09:34:07 PM »

"You're fuckin' with me." Wren almost spat in the raider's face, but the pain in her stomach made her think twice. This wasn't a fight she could win, either. That much had been made clear. "I've been on my own for seven years. I don't need anyone." Except for now. "But sure, I can do it all. Except for making chems. Chems make you stupid. I can't afford to be stupid." She was still shaking, from fear or hunger, she wasn't sure, but she hoped they didn't notice.

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2021, 11:16:56 PM »

The raider smirked. Yeah, I'm fuckin' with you. You'll die before I do you pretty little cunt.

She looked back again at the loner, her head resting on her own shoulder, "Would you look at that. She's an expert. Feels cruel to leave her out here alone, feels worse letting those skills go to waste. Assumin' she ain't lie'n. What do you say... bring her back with us?"
Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2021, 04:27:20 AM »

While Waste was weary of the notion of picking up yet another stray, he did ultimately still need someone who could watch his back well enough to keep him from waking up with his throat slit. He also considered that if she was half as capable as she said she was, she had to be at least marginally more trustworthy than his wayward raider. He cast a glance back at his fidgety companion before taking the scavver's handgun and flipping open the cylinder. "You're right," he replied as he dumped two lonely cartridges into his hand, pausing to drop one into his pocket before slotting the other back into the chamber. He handed the rusted revolver back to the younger woman barrel first.

"If you try to shoot one of us, the other one will jump you. But if you're sticking around, you get to watch her."

Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2021, 04:27:23 PM »

Wren smiled as she took the revolver. This one was smarter. She had to respect that, but it made her all the more wary. "Oh, I'll be watching her. Whether you want me to or not."

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: