News: New here? Actually a person? Groovy. Refer to the Rules and Guidelines thread for more information. Enjoy your visit!

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2022, 02:36:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Arog, the Lacerater  (Read 7420 times)
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 08:19:30 PM »

"I'm fine," Natalie staggered to her feet, "Just lost my shields, and maybe broke a rib. That was a stupid mistake, that knight could have cut me in half. Never do what I just did."
Poppy's Ward of Dawn had given Natalie just enough charge for another Golden Gun. As tempting as it was to use it on Arog immediately she waited, analyzing the battle.

Sophie was free, but she was cut off from the rest of the group in the back of the room. Shaken by her recent ordeal, she took cover behind a broken obelisk to gather her wits.

"See if you two can get to Sophie and help her get back to the rest of the group," Natalie told Poppy, "I'll join Renato in drawing Arog's attention. You should be able to handle the knights, but be careful."
Natalie left the safety of the void shield and charged at Arog, emptying her shotgun into the wizard's shoulder.

BEB0P
Global Moderator
Exhalted Member

Kiss your fist and touch the sky.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2015, 08:14:08 AM »

"I'm not sure what you plan to hit with that from this distance." Renato commented, drawing a violet revolver from a holster affixed to his left thigh as he advanced alongside Natalie. Twelve shots cracked throughout the deafened atmosphere with extreme prejudice.

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2016, 05:07:56 PM »

As Renato and Natalie's coordinated fire staggered Arog, Red and Poppy made a move for Sophie.

The first Butcher met them, bringing his sword down between them. The two split up and began circling the beast, temporarily flustering it as it decided which to attack. The pair then piled on the fire. It quickly succumbed the chaos and fell into a heap of dust and bone.

The final Butcher witnessed its comrade fall and decided to take revenge. But not on Red or Poppy. Sophie. The enraged Knight turned and mustered what creatures it could and charged Sophie while she was in her weakened state. 

Red acted on impulse, taking up the fallen Butcher's sword and sprinted towards Sophie. Feeling the overwhelming power of the Light, he leaped into the air and propelled himself forward faster with a glide. When he was close, he channeled the energy through him and into the sword. He brought it down a short distance from the group preparing to smother Sophie and sent an unstoppable wave of arc energy through them. The sword shattered and the Hive disintegrated, leaving Sophie safely amongst a cloud of smoke.

Meanwhille, Arog had had fallen to the ground and encapsulated herself in smog. She was overwhelmed by Ren and Natalie and had begun a healing process. This triggered Thrall to emerge from seemingly nowhere. Climbing from the masses, out of the pools, and from the ceiling of chains. The time to eliminate her was now. A Light strong enough might be able to piece her Darkness and bring her an end, but a keen eye might note the exposed weapon protruding from her back. To use this weapon however would mean entering her poison, a great risk indeed.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: