News: Welcome to Project RP! A collaborative writing project based here on this very forum.

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2022, 03:17:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minecraft Server  (Read 17088 times)
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2015, 04:17:55 PM »

I've been fiddling around with Minecraft mods, and I was wondering: Whenever they make mods possible for Realms, what mods would people be interested in?

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2015, 07:48:51 PM »

Thaumcraft
Forestry (and extra bees or if bees aren't part of forestry then the Bee Mod)
Milenaire is fun but I'm not sure how well it would do with other mods
Ars Magica 2
Extra Biomes (might be Xtra)

I know Sev would like Flans mod with the guns.

I'm not sure when/if realms will add mod support, but we could potentially look into renting a server for modded support when our realms is close to expiring.    We wouldn't have to lose spawn town, I should be able to copy it with MC Edit an move it into new server, and clean it up because will be messy probably.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 08:25:10 PM by Specs » Logged

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2015, 09:28:30 PM »

I read somewhere they were working on a user-friendly way to pick and add popular mods to realms. That was a while back though.

Also, the newest version of Milenaire seems alot more stable. I've got about 30 mods, and I've been adding and removing them, and it's working fine. It used to freak out if I changed anything though, so I understand the concern.

Milenaire is my favorite mod, I'm also very fond of Growthcraft (it also has bees, and you can make mead). Twilight Forest would be fun with a group, lots of big scary things to fight. The backpacks mod is really useful, and Gravestone is nice to have so you don't have to worry about your stuff despawning when you die. Extra Utilities and Openblocks has alot of useful random stuff. I'd also like a mod that adds more furniture like Bibliocraft and/or Mr.Crayfish's Furniture, but that's not essential.

I know Lachlan wants Galacticraft.

Lachlan is interested in possibly renting a moddable server. He'll talk to you about it later.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 09:41:53 PM by IndigoWolf » Logged

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2015, 05:10:46 AM »

Thought of a few more mods I would want:

- Tinkers Construct   The forge is cool
- Blood Magic
- Witchery
- Tanks  I don't know what mod it is from, but the tanks are cool.   Tank of blood for the blood god pls Tongue
- Mod that lets you make mob spawners
- Harvest Craft  Adds lots of crops as well
- Rogue Like Dungeons Generates random rogue like dungeons (big dungeons with each floor growing in difficulty I forgot how big they can get but yeah)

However that being said, an already put together modpack might be for the best because we know that the mod combos in them will work together without conflict.    I'll start looking through Technic, and ATP launcher for packs. Maybe even Feed the Beast if it is still around.  

A few recommendations off the top of my head:
- Might be fun to play Pixelmon for a little while
- Reasonant Rise 3 (what the Yogcast are using, and it has most of what I want Tease, and while I don't see it in the list, gravestone should be fine to add, (http://www.resonant-rise.com/topic/4218-resonant-rise-3-mode-and-era-explanations/)
- Etho's Modpack
- Fly Boys, I feel like Sev would really like this, from what I remember from the episode of the series it had, it has planes and guns, I don't think it has super much else although it has the beautiful carpenters blocks and chisel.  

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:15:22 AM by Specs » Logged

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2015, 03:30:56 PM »

I do really like Harvestcraft and Witchery as well. I left them out for the time being to see what others wanted. I'd like to keep it to 30 mods or less because I know my computer can handle that, so I was starting with the essentials. I know I can't run big mod packs like the Yogscast one at a playable level.
I know how to put together my own modpack, and I can test it myself with singleplayer before we put it on the server. I think we'll be fine picking our own custom mod setup.

Also do you know if you can still create tools the old fashioned way with Tinkers Construct, or will we be dependant on the forge for everything? It looks really cool, but I don't know enough about it.

Edit: I'm going to try to set up a modded Hamachi world. So far things look good, except for Ars Magica 2. It looks like it requires an animation mod that doesn't play well with others.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 04:55:54 PM by IndigoWolf » Logged

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2015, 05:25:35 PM »

- you can get rid of ars magica 2 as it doesn't seem to be worked on anymore anyway

- I believe you can still make tools the old fashioned way and even upgrade them with the forge.  However I have not used tinkers but have seen it a lot in videos.   edit Can still craft vanilla tools, though there is an option to turn that off Tongue

Looking through reasonate 3 (thttp://www.resonant-rise.com/topic/4218-resonant-rise-3-mode-and-era-explanations/) then there is a few more potential mods:

- Computercraft (iirc this is where the very useful mining turtles and combat combat turtles come from)
- Simple Jetpacks
- Soul Shards:Reborn
- Bibliocraft: Forestry (if we have forestry)
- Chisel
- Chisel facades
- Thermal Expansion 3
- Magic crops?
- Magic Bees?
- Botanica? (More crop and magic fun, but we might be getting redundant here with all the magic and farming mods Tongue)
- Biomes O Plenty, adds some really cool new biomes for flavor, might have said this before though XD)

I'll try and look for more combat oriented mods for Sev, and on that note Flans Mod would be good.   Could we have a list of the mods you are able to successfully add to the pack?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 05:37:10 PM by Specs » Logged

Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2015, 05:52:03 PM »

I'm still putting it together. It's going to be very simple compared to the payed server though, because all the files will be there on the computer to tinker with directly. However, everyone will have to install the mods themselves to join the server. I'll try to simplify it as much as possible for everyone.

This will probably need to be small, probably cut it down to 10 or 15 mods and expand it if we can.

Edit: got 30 mods loaded, runs well. Could up the ram with Lachlans computer. Had to sacrifice Galacticraft, kept crashing. Will test with 30 mods locally when I can. Only problem is conflicting key bindings, which can easily be fixed in settings.

Left out Flans mod for now, it's customizable, need opinions on what to use.

Edit again: mods loaded: https://www.dropbox.com/s/oqe443dzync42mz/Screenshot%202015-03-08%2014.46.25.png?dl=0
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 06:48:43 PM by IndigoWolf » Logged

Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2015, 05:22:14 AM »

I know Sev would like Flans mod with the guns.
Yes. Or whatever Tekkit used, with the halberds and muskets and crossbows and whatnot.

Might also be cool to have one of those airship mods or whatever, with the block that you place to make a structure into a vehicle? I wonder if I could use that to make my tanks go.

Also, Microblocks. Microblocks are great.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In regards to the current 1.8 server, I'm planning on implementing custom NPCs for the item and pet shops. Once I figure out a good design for teleporters, we'll probably get a handful of those, as well, just to help us traverse to and from distant territories. Thoughts? Additional suggestions?

Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2015, 03:06:57 AM »

The one with the muskets (can't remember what it's called) has had some compatibility issues before, but maybe there's an update. I hope so, because I liked it too.

I'll have to search around for the one to make vehicles. Haven't heard anything about it in a while, hope it's still around.

Edit: Found them. Weapon mod is "Balkon's WeaponMod" and the vehicle mod is "Archimedes' Ships". I'll test them out.

Also, there seems to be multiple mods called "Microblocks" can you link me to the one you're thinking of?

Edit again: Got Balkon's WeaponMod and Archimedes' Ships working.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 06:25:18 PM by IndigoWolf » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: