News: I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favourite nigh-obsolete roleplaying website on the internet.

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2022, 07:39:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Horizon  (Read 11627 times)
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 01:46:07 AM »

Einfeld watched Andriana leave the briefing room. He wasn't sure if what she had just said was a joke, or something else entirely. It was a joke. Yeah, a joke. Probably. He stood up from his chair and made his way to the armoury.

Jack put his hand on Darman's shoulder, "Come on, let's get armoured up and go deal with these split-lips."
KING OF SPACE
I AM THE KING OF SPACE
Global Moderator

GREETINGS ROLEPLAYERS

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 02:19:38 AM »

Approximately two minutes later, Russ emerged in his up-armored MJOLNIR Mk. VII-R - the R stood for "Retrofit", essentially denotating what was functionally Mk. VII, but looked Mk. VI or lower.

The problem with reality is, terrible things happen to good people, and as friends all we can do is stand by them and hope they get better. Sometimes they don't. = Claptrap, eulogy for Micheal John Mamaril
Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 07:19:36 AM »

Adriana saluted the Chief when she saw him and managed to change into her freshly repaired and retrofitted suit of Mjolner armor.  This shit was new, she didn't even have it on her mission when she damaged her eye. Wouldn't they of given her this? She shrugged probably was in developement then or something.   

Adrianna waited for Einfeld, making sure to hold this.   "I said I needed help so don't think you are going anywhere" she teased placing a roll of medical tape onto his arm.   "Just hold this and cover my eye again  if I yell at you.".    Sure she should of gotten a medic, but she didn't trust them.   

Adriana carefully removed the bandages from over her eye.   Besides it taking a few teary painful moments to adjust to the light, it seemed ok.   No unbearable levels of nausea or head pain from the two levels of vision.  She gave herself a green light to keep the patch off and a thanks to Einfeld for his help before she went off to get fitted into her new suit by the techies.  They got her a new helmet, and apparently it would help her problem a little.   

Adriana was fitted into her new white and yellow Mjolner Rogue [R-O] (ooc  R for Retrofitted and O for the improved optics).   It looked the same, except the visor over her wounded eye had an eye piece.   She formed up on Russ and waited for the others.

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
KING OF SPACE
I AM THE KING OF SPACE
Global Moderator

GREETINGS ROLEPLAYERS

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 08:54:18 PM »

Russ gave a small nod to Adriana as he overlooked her armor. "You ready?"

The problem with reality is, terrible things happen to good people, and as friends all we can do is stand by them and hope they get better. Sometimes they don't. = Claptrap, eulogy for Micheal John Mamaril
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2012, 03:32:51 PM »

As Jack armoured up, he held a conversation with Darman.

"So I was working with one of these Vees, right?" He had his bot up on a stool as he fastened it with two technicians, "A girl, young girl. The youngest volunteer I had been assigned. She was useless," he let out a chuckle, "Couldn't lift a Spartan Laser even with the augmentations, couldn't fight for her life... just useless."

Done with that boot, he put the armoured foot down and got to work on the rest of his armour.

"I go to my C.O, tell him, and she's pulled from the program. Life goes on. But get this; she comes back." He poked his head over the screen and faced Darman, so he could see his expression of shock, "She comes back and 'wants to go'. So I tell her, 'I'll write you back in if you can beat me in a fist fight.' She agrees and we take the floor, with all the other volunteers watching."

There was a pause.

"She beat my ass to a pulp. I mean, I got a few hits in, but she was so damn fast... I got beat right in front of all those guys! It was embarrassing as hell!" Jack broke into laughter, and when he stopped, he continued, "Heh... so a deal was a deal. I wrote her back in and she got assigned somewhere else. These 'Vees', man. They're scary good. I'd take an Elite over one of those anyday."
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: