News: LIKE A TRAIN!

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 22, 2022, 05:36:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Epilogue  (Read 30356 times)
Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

Infinite Hunger for Knowlege

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2012, 06:30:51 PM »

"Ok, if you say so" said Adriana disappointed there was nothing she could do for him.  "I'll be right back, ok."    She reluctantly let go his hand,  it felt nice, unlike the touch of other people.       

The chair let out a groan of relief as she got up from it, she was lucky it hadn't collapsed under the weight of her armor.       

"Don't look" warned Adriana.    She gently rested the clothes the medics have given her.   She removed what was left of her armor.    She changed into the uniform and then returned to her chair. 

She grabbed his hand again and scooted as close as he could.     "Get better soon ok?".    She rested her head on the bed.

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.
Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand—
Kalahira, wash the sins from this one,
And set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.
Kalahira, this one’s heart is pure,
But beset by wickedness and contention.
Guide this one to where the traveler never tires,
The lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.
Guide this one, Kalahira,
And he will be a companion to you as he was to me.

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
OruHime
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2012, 12:41:08 AM »

Lyra smiled, looking down at her boots. "Of course. I want you to be with me, always." She looked up at him. "Whatever comes next, I know I want to stay with you." Lyra reached out and took Elias's hand. "i love you."

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2012, 03:45:25 AM »

Elias squeezed her hand.     "I love you too,  now come here".  He pulled her in close for a passionate kiss.     

"Right, whatever the world throws at us we will face it together.  I wouldn't have it any other way, even if you aren't a Spartan that doesn't matter.   I would rather have you by my side then an army of Spartans.   You are the one person I wouldn't want to end up in a fight against, and not just because I love you".

"All life dies, all worlds too, and if there is guarenteed perpetual existence, after that - what does it matter how the end comes?" - Gravemind
OruHime
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2012, 06:00:24 PM »

Lyra smiled and kissed Elias back, wrapping her arms gently around his neck. "Mmm, but that's just because you know I'd wipe the floor with your ass right?" She grinned, resting her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes, content to just stand there in his arms.

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2012, 03:52:07 AM »

"Only because I can't hit beautiful women" teased Elias.   He smirked.

This was nice, he could stand right here with Lyra for the rest of his life if he could, he was content.  Here he was with a beautiful woman, and not just physically.   And both of them were sober, and the feelings mutual who would of thunk it?

"So we have a whole new world to find place for a home, and to start fresh.   What do we want to do first Lyra?"

OruHime
Recruit

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2012, 11:56:34 PM »

"I don't know." Lyra bit her lip. "There anything you really want to do right away?"

Specs
Administrator
Exhalted Member

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2012, 01:31:23 AM »

Elias chuckled and examined Lyra, he couldn't help it her question dictated it.       "You mean besides the obvious thing I want to do right away, right now in fact?" teased Elias.   

Teasing aside Elias suddenly became very serious.
"Before we go, where ever we are going I need to do something.    I need to visit Miss Strauss, Otto's wife, I don't know if you remember him, he was the German Spartan who was usually the one vouching for me or keeping me out of trouble.   Don't know why that bastard just wouldn't give up trying to show people I had a "good side".      But I just want to make sure his wife and kids are doing ok, that they have everything set and are well alright.    You are free to come if you want, but I won't force you.      As well I uh...have his funeral to attend to".

Probably give them a good chunk of the money I made fucking over the spilt lips to them, it can't replace Otto but well it is the thought that counts.   I'll keep as much of that as you want for ourselves, just well I don't need money to make me happy, I just need you.     As long as I am with you and we have the basic necessities of life then I couldn't be happier".   

"After I put those ghosts of my past behind me, we can go do whatever".

He hugged her tight. 

Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2012, 06:43:09 AM »

It was bright.

The battered heap rose to his feet, his eyes still not quite adjusted to the light. Sun glinted off of armor plating.

Nathan-099 found himself alone on an alien world, with no recollection as to how he'd gotten there, how long he'd been out. He reached for his pulse rifle, realized it was missing, and instead settled for drawing his sidearm. The heavy M6 settled into his grip, and he took in his surroundings.

It was too Earth-like. A sun overhead. Birds singing. But Earth was gone.

There were no signs of civilization as far as he could see. No sounds of humanity, no planes overhead, no noisy traffic jams in the distance. This surreal state led him to one conclusion: Petty Officer Nathan-099 had perished aboard the Forerunner station.

But he was ok with that. He was re-living memories, he assumed. Memories of home. And for all the memories he could have re-lived, acquired from years of service, years of war.... he was glad he'd gotten a good one.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: