News: LIKE A TRAIN!

Project RP

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2022, 06:24:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Heresy  (Read 37776 times)
Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: December 29, 2011, 06:55:07 AM »

Anau wasn't as courteous as Oppum. After receiving the two blows, he retaliated by keeping his dagger drawn and making wild strikes and slashes at Oppum's chest, doing so forced him further back to avoid the fizzling blade. The seemingly random attacks only managed to make a few small cuts in Oppum's armour, but had also forced him back towards a large glass window looking out over the facility. Anau then delivered a roundhouse kick and sent Oppum against the window, the impact creating a large crack.

It was at this moment a pair of Anau's minors jumped down from the catwalk above and began to surround him.

"Enough of this, give your life to me or I will take it from you." 
Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: December 29, 2011, 07:22:03 AM »

The mercenary glanced at the newest additions to the fray, sneering at each before his attention was diverted by a familiar wail.

Banshee fighters had begun strafing runs along the station's exterior, their Heretic counterparts rushing to meet them en masse. Crippled fighters scrambled every which way.... one of which, happened to be scrambling this way....

The pilot; dead, dying, or at the mercy of unresponsive controls, wasn't going to be pulling up anytime soon.

Oppum managed to avoid the shattered hulk that screamed into the bay, the shattered windshield blowing out and deafening them with the howling storm. He caught his rival's eyes, offered a shrug, and stepped out into nothing.

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: December 29, 2011, 07:48:32 AM »

The Banshee's sudden entrance made Anau throw himself to cover. He was quick to get back to his feet and return however, but to see Oppum standing in the broken window... and walking out of it.

"Damn!" Anau roared, fighting his way through the rushing wind to reach the window. He peered over it to see a ledge. That's where he went. Anau turned around to call on his men, but in the chaos they had both managed to die. Useless pair, one lay under the Banshee and the other impaled by a large shard of glass. He leaped back inside to retrieve the fallen warriors sword, activated it, and then ran for the window again. He should wait for the others, the female and Onra, but Oppum could not escape.

Anau repeated Oppum's moved and walked off the window's edge. Landing with a thud on the platform. Inside was a shp. The coward was running!

"Onra! It's Nadumee, bring everyone you can to my position now! We have him on the run!"

The Commander then stormed inside in search of Oppum.
Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2011, 12:06:46 AM »

The Gunboat was right where he'd left it, dominating the center of the hangar. Oppum had gone to work dragging a supply case under the vehicle's gravity lift when he noticed a familiar figure dropping down onto the landing pad.

"Shouldn't you be out there leading the assault?" He nodded to the Banshee fighters swarming over each other in the distance. Phantom dropships were beginning to touch down on the outer arms of the station. "Troops to command, medals to earn. Best be on your way."

He finished moving the supply case, now neatly positioned beneath the vehicle's gravlift. It drifted lazily up, into the belly of the craft, before disappearing somewhere inside. He watched it for a moment before glancing back at his attacker and nodding in the direction of the nearest exit.

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2011, 01:20:18 AM »

Anau spotted Oppum moving a crate into his Gunboat's gravity lift. He began approaching him, and then began the exchange of banter.

"You are my prize, Heretic," Anau called out, deactivating his sword and making his way up the incline to the ship, "And what troops I had are dead because of you and this... place."

He stopped just before the ship's nose, "Your leader, your false prophet that has fed you lies, is now suffering an excruciating death at the hands of the Arbiter, and this facility that has been stained by your heresy is now being cleansed by warriors guided by the Journey's light."

"All your friends are dead and you are cornered, I can't blame you for sacrificing what little dignity you have left to run," Anau activated his sword and tossed Oppum another, "Redeem yourself, and die as a warrior by my blade."
Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: December 30, 2011, 03:14:01 AM »

Oppum reached out, catching the hilt in his offhand. It was his turn to forego courtesy, as a blade of plasma surged forth.

But from an energy blade of his own. And with the sparking ignition of its recently acquired counterpart, he chuckled. "Were it not for your recklessness, they may still be alive."

He stood straighter, bringing one blade up in front of himself in salute. More habit than respect.

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2012, 12:10:33 AM »

Anau began a slow circle around Oppum. Having just surrendered his second sword out of respect for his foe, Oppum went ahead and used it with one of his own. The nerve of that Sangheili, not even having the mutual respect to deny it and use his own. At least he gave Anau a salute.

Oppum was experienced, how he would defeat him was at the moment unknown. Anau would need to disarm him. In lieu of a second blade, Anau activated his left wrists dagger.

"Their deaths are not on my conscience, Heretic." He lunged forward and attacked, swinging his sword horizontally.
Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2012, 12:35:10 AM »

The blade clashed with Oppum's. "Of course they're not," he added quickly. "You're too preoccupied by your own goals."

He pushed the assailant energy sword aside, following through with a counter-attack from his own blade. The two parried yet again, sending a shower of sparks across the deck.

If only he had brought the Phantom's weapons online beforehand. He could have ended this by now.

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2012, 01:42:37 AM »

"My goal is the same as all others; to protect the Journey's path!" Anau roared as he prepared to make another strike, lifting his sword above his head to bring it down on Oppum with all his force. He did so, the blade cutting through the air and clashing with Oppum's defence. He then brought around his dagger in attempt to pierce his side. 
Spartan-777
Global Moderator

The Violent Cartographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2012, 02:17:08 AM »

The dagger sizzled against his shields, prompting a snarl from the mercenary. Their blades met once again. Twice. Three times more.

"Journey?" Oppum scoffed, "Your journey is over, brother."

And with that, he decided to remind Anau of the advantages of two against one. His second blade flashed into a recently created opening.

Danny
Administrator
Exhalted Member

The Gentleman Bastard

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2012, 02:29:27 AM »

Unable to block, Anau's eyes widened as Oppum's blade slashed across his chest. His shields snapped and he staggered back, his sword dropping from his hand. Anau could feel his flesh burning from the plasma, but couldn't tell just how bad the wound was. The pain was strong enough though, that it put him down to knees.

After cussing out Oppum in Sangheilian tongue, he fell backwards and attempted to move back towards the hangar door. 
Indi
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: January 03, 2012, 02:44:21 AM »

"Commander!" Zarra shouted, she had just reached the hangar in time to see him wounded.
She drew her weapon and charged to his defence, but was knocked to the ground before she could interfere.
A grinning face loomed above her.
"Did you forget about me?" asked a female voice, "I think you would have learned to be a little more attentive after the last time I caught you off guard."

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: